Menu

Wine and weightloss, whine!

This is completely and totally anecdotal, but I find that my weight tends to be lower in the mornings after I've had a glass or two of wine. The not so anecdotal part is that there have been studies that wine lowers your blood sugar. So it may be more than wistful thinking creating a happy coincidence in my imagination.

Honestly, I do still have a glass of wine occasionally. Not every night, but a couple of nights a week. I include it in my calorie count for the day though. I do exercise quite bit though as I'm trying to lose a lot of weight. Oh, and usually it is only a half a glass or so with dinner.

I lost a bunch with hcg then switched to low carb and am still losing. A glass of red wine with some good cheese at night is a treat I enjoy regularly. It is just one glass and I don't have it every night but I have seen no difference in the scale when I do this.

Now, if one glass turns into 3 or if the alcohol leads you to munch things that are off plan for you then it would be a problem.

This is my treat that has helped me stay on plan and continue losing. Knowing that I can have that glass of wine with dh after the kiddos are in bed has done wonders for my self control the rest of the day.

I know that I can't drink alcohol while I'm on a diet, but whenever I start a maintenance phase, I like to have white wine spritzers. Two. Because it's still the same amount of alcohol but I get to have TWO drinks! I promise I'm not really so simple that I'm fooled by this...

Remember when Diana and Anne are eating chocolate cake on their picnic and Diana has only a tiny sliver for her second piece and feels so virtuous? Yeah...that's me!

I am wondering why you, on your own or at a doctor's suggestion, would be on a diet so restricted that you can't exercise. It seems .... unusual.

I'm all for maintaining a healthy weight and all for not drinking if that's what you determine is best for you. But I am wondering if you are in an unusual circumstance that you are on such a drastic calorie restriction. It seems so much better, for most people, to be able to go for vigorous daily exercise, with or without a diet.

I am wondering why you, on your own or at a doctor's suggestion, would be on a diet so restricted that you can't exercise. It seems .... unusual.

I'm all for maintaining a healthy weight and all for not drinking if that's what you determine is best for you. But I am wondering if you are in an unusual circumstance that you are on such a drastic calorie restriction. It seems so much better, for most people, to be able to go for vigorous daily exercise, with or without a diet.

I was just reading about the diet where folks use extreme calorie restriction (500 or so a day) and some form of HCG. The doctor who wrote the plan cautions against exercise, though I didn't read enough to understand why.

I was just reading about the diet where folks use extreme calorie restriction (500 or so a day) and some form of HCG. The doctor who wrote the plan cautions against exercise, though I didn't read enough to understand why.

I haven't heard about it but my thought would be that you exercise so you burn more, so you want to replace that with more calories. If you're restricting THAT much, adding exercise will only make you feel hungrier. If this is the case, I think it's ridiculous, personally. I've only ever seen anyone be successful with weight loss when they combined healthy eating with healthy exercise. Otherwise, they just yo-yo. Just my 2 cents! ;)

A glass of red wine with some good cheese at night is a treat I enjoy regularly. It is just one glass and I don't have it every night but I have seen no difference in the scale when I do this.

Now, if one glass turns into 3 or if the alcohol leads you to munch things that are off plan for you then it would be a problem.

This is my treat that has helped me stay on plan and continue losing. Knowing that I can have that glass of wine with dh after the kiddos are in bed has done wonders for my self control the rest of the day.

This is basically me too. I've gotten so that I'd rather have a glass of wine and cheese than dessert, bread, etc.