Menu

Mom we have a hole, I mean a tunnel behind the garage!

We have a sink hole in our front yard. Most of it is shallow but a few spots the kids tested out with sticks went in pretty far. NO 20 ft drops though. That is scary! No outhouses ever stood on our front lawn so I guess that would be why it's not that deep :lol:

We had that happen when my oldest was 4. It was atleast 20 feet deep with half of that full of water. The kids found a smallish hole while playing. Thankfully, they told us right away. Turns out it was about 4 feet wide. The landlord filled it with rock, topped with dirt and grass. I hate to think what could have happened.

Hopefully, yours will be an easy fix!

There is a sinkhole in our neighbor's yard. It honestly gives me nightmares. a neighborhood St. Bernard actually fell in it and broke his leg. So far, no one is doing anything about it, but I have sprung many grey hairs. I think it started as a gopher tunnel and just collapsed. We tried to put a yard stick down there to measure how deep it was, it's deeper than the yard stick. Another neighbor had one, they had to fill it with cement, it actually took an entire cement truck. I keep having thoughts of Centralia in my mind.