Menu

2 full days of planning/organizing- now we are ready for the 1st 4 weeks of school

2 FULL days for 4 weeks of school. That does not include any pre-reading or anything that I have to do :001_huh:

How do those of you who do it for a year at a time find the time?? Seriously?! Am I doing something different? Making this harder on myself than I need to? Or does that sound about right? Oh, I lied, I still have to schedule Spanish :glare: Everything else is done

2 FULL days for 4 weeks of school. That does not include any pre-reading or anything that I have to do :001_huh:

How do those of you who do it for a year at a time find the time?? Seriously?! Am I doing something different? Making this harder on myself than I need to? Or does that sound about right? Oh, I lied, I still have to schedule Spanish :glare: Everything else is done

Hey you're better than me. 2 days and I'm not anywhere near ready to start. I'm planning the first five weeks. I was up til 4am this morning working on it. Had to take a break today and walk a 3 hour paper route with the kids. And now I'm entirely exhausted and can't think straight. Good thing I have another week and a half. Pre-reading? Oh my....I hope there is time left for that. :tongue_smilie:

Hey you're better than me. 2 days and I'm not anywhere near ready to start. I'm planning the first five weeks. I was up til 4am this morning working on it. Had to take a break today and walk a 3 hour paper route with the kids. And now I'm entirely exhausted and can't think straight. Good thing I have another week and a half. Pre-reading? Oh my....I hope there is time left for that. :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug: I think this is the time of year that ANYBODY who has an off comment about homeschooling better be prepared for an earful :lol: There are a bunch of stressed mamas right now :001_huh:

We start Monday, I didn't have a choice but to do it.

We started yesterday and I am still getting things ready...I thought I had most things ready but had a few surprises once we actually started, and realized I could be more thorough...

I am hoping to finish tonight for at least the first 9 weeks for everything...Some subjects I have already filed for the entire year...

Sounds like me. I started on planning for weeks 5-8 last night. I still have a LONG way to go to finish those up.

We started yesterday and I am still getting things ready...I thought I had most things ready but had a few surprises once we actually started, and realized I could be more thorough...

I am hoping to finish tonight for at least the first 9 weeks for everything...Some subjects I have already filed for the entire year...

Do you make house calls :lol: I am impressed! I need to get on it better, maybe the next 4 weeks will be done before a week before we start :blush:

:grouphug: I think this is the time of year that ANYBODY who has an off comment about homeschooling better be prepared for an earful :lol: There are a bunch of stressed mamas right now :001_huh:

We start Monday, I didn't have a choice but to do it.

No kidding! We started last week, so I was sort of planned. But starting week 5 all subjects will be included so my planning has even more to figure out and add in to it. It's this time of year I wonder what I was thinking planning on literature and project based programs rather than simple do the next thing text books. Planning would be so much easier if I was not trying to coordinate books with projects and fieldtrips etc.

I don't know for sure how long it took me as I have been working on it on and off all summer.

But I have purposly planned a starter week of two or three days so we can go through the subjects and look at books and supplies and so on. And I can catch anything I've missed!

I am still finishing up the finishing touches. I have 3 more weeks left. I am taking a week off from Vacation. I have finished The Language Arts,Hymn Study, and Math. I have to finish up Science and Social Studies. Weeks are planned just typing Bible verses related to what we are studying.

I've been planning my U.S. history for two years. :tongue_smilie:

I started pre-reading this spring & got busy planning 15-20 minutes at a time as soon as we were done with last school year (after Mem. Day). I'm going through oldest's Spanish stuff myself and I'm only on Lesson 42 of 170-something, but mostly I'm done with everything.

I have to stretch it out because I can't do anything for more than a few minutes without being interrupted. :willy_nilly:

I have spent a full week with every spare second planning just the first week.

BUT-- it's really just planning the schedule, organizing how I want to do things. Now that I have my week planned, we will use that as our FOUNDATION and just go ahead for the rest of the year.

The first few weeks are the hardest.

Planning here too. I needed to reorganize and clean up the school room first, then figure out our schedule, now its down the nitty gritty, lol. I have the first two weeks planned out (that's ALL!). This year with a 4th and 6th grader (and a preKer) is taking sooooo much more preparation.

I'm also trying something new this year by writing up a daily schedule for each big kid to follow, that way it is easier for them to do the work that they do individually without much help from me. They each have a binder that will have a week's worth of their work in it (tabbed and organized) along with 5 daily schedules for the week in the beginning. This way if they want they can easily work ahead so long as the current day's work is complete. It will also help them see what is in store for the week and make it easier to keep track of ongoing projects like reports they have a week to complete. I hope anyway :tongue_smilie:.

Sounds about right LOL.

I spend weeks planning everything out, I just do it in my spare time. Possibly even months to get all the final ducks in a row. But I fully plan so everything is there including lists of supplies needed for each week, so once I'm planned, its all open and go.

This is what I'm aiming at. School starts less than two weeks!

Your timeline sounds right :) Just stop for a second and think about what you used last year for organizational resources. Be sure not to reinvent anything unnecessarily. I started designing daily schedule pages for some reason then had a clue and pulled up the ones from last year. I made a few quick adjustments and we're good!

I don't schedule things like that. We use SL, so that takes care of scheduling our history, literature and science, but I don't schedule grammar, writing, math, Spanish, etc. We just do the next lesson each day and I make adjustments as necessary.

Of course, I spend some time preparing, but I prefer to use a weekly checklist rather than a daily schedule because I feel it gives me more flexibility.

Lisa