Menu

Public Service Announcement

You clearly have not visited the Pacific Northwest in the fall, where Birkenstock sandals WITH hiking socks are a requirement to stick one's foot out the door.

Birkenstock sandals with handknitted colorful socks were a wardrobe requirement for my nurse midwifery program. :001_smile:

If you think wearing boots with shorts makes you look cute, you are wrong.

That is all.

(No offense to anyone that does that.)

I have to say it totally depends on the boots and the shorts. Cowboy boots go with just about everything. Shorts that are too short are not cute on anyone. Period.

You aren't from Texas, are you? :lol:

:iagree::lol:

Boots with dresses are all the rage here. I haven't personally tried it because I would have to buy a new pair of cowboy boots (the ones I wore in college don't fit me anymore since my four babies grew my feet a couple of sizes...). I think it is a supercute look, but alas, no boots for me...

Also, in the winter, I wear a sweater dress with some long black dress boots. It's smokin' hot. (But then, I also fix my hair and wear make up because I care overly much about my appearance. No fake nails, though, so maybe that redeems me the tiniest bit. If not, you will find me in my prayer closet flogging myself until I repent. ;))

Shorts with boots will be THE outfit of the week next week for many kids around here. It is 4H fair week and they have to have boots on to be in with the animals and it will be hot so it will be boots with shorts.

My 15dd can really pull the look off though and be really cute in her shorts and cowboy boots---esp. riding her horse bareback.

I would like to defend socks and sandals for a moment. It has to be the right kind of socks and the right kind of sandals. Fancy sandals and trouser socks? Not for me. But sporty sandals and sporty socks? Sure. My feet hurt in any kind of shoe other than sandals, literally. Sneakers, flats, loafers, etc. So in the warm months, it's black Tevas. In the cold months, I add dark grey wool socks. Cute? Maybe not, but I think it looks OK, and I'm fairy crunchy anyway, so it fits. It is what it is. :)

Other than that, I got nothin'. To each their own. Boots and shorts, socks and Crocs (which is satisfyingly poetic)... whatever floats your boat.

Not a look I'd go with, but I've seen students on campus do it, and they look fine. To each his or her own.

I will wear socks with crocs. I don't care if it looks bad; it's comfy, convenient, and good for walking around a muddy yard. Plus, I personally think it looks fine, and what other people think of my fashion choices doesn't really matter to me.

You aren't from Texas, are you? :lol:

I am. And it's only cute if you are under the age of 7. Boots w/ dresses or short skirts isn't cute either. Makes you look like you belong on a street corner.

So, speaking as someone from Texas. Wear jeans w/ those boots!