Menu

How long are Rainbow Resource orders taking these days?

If I order a few things today, using standard shipping, can I reasonably expect them to arrive within 2 weeks? I ordered over $35 worth of merchandise, so it should ship UPS instead of USPS, which should be faster, right? I live in GA & Rainbow Resource is located in IL.

Edited by ereks mom

They ship UPS if the order totals $35 before shipping is added.

This varies according to your location. I had a $200 order sent via media mail when I lived in Hawaii. It took 6 weeks to arrive.

So they hold your entire order if one or more items is backordered?

It depends. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I'm in NC and ordered $54 in items on Aug 3. I did pay for 3 day UPS shipping. It arrived today. My only complaint is that they didn't send me a tracking #, I had to call and ask for it.

Kim

I have only rarely received a tracking number. I still order from them though! I placed a big order just yesterday. I paid the $10 for expedited shipping. I usually have my order before I get a tracking number when I expedite. :)

I live in Indiana and my $165 order with the free shipping was here in less than a week. Nothing was on backorder and I, too, did not receive any notification of my order being shipped; just the charge on the credit card. :)

Their website, when I placed the order, did indicate a turn around time if the order had no back orders.

I placed an order on Sunday and got a backorder notice today.

On regular orders, we hold orders with backorders for up to 5 business days,

hoping that

the backorder comes in so that we can send the entire order together. If

backorders still

have not arrived after 5 days, we will ship the portion of the order that is in

stock. The

backordered items will then ship to you after we receive them. No additional

charges for

backorders will be made, as the initial payment included all items and total

shipping

charges.

They ship UPS if the order totals $35 before shipping is added.

From the Rainbow Resource website:

How will my order be shipped?

Orders containing at least $35 of product are sent via UPS Ground / Priority Mail / DHL Parcel Select (our choice) within the contiguous 48 states (orders cannot be shipped UPS if we do not have a street address to ship to). This also applies to orders over $150 that qualify for free shipping, except for orders that are shipped to AK, HI, APO addresses, or the Territories. Orders with free shipping sent to these locations will be shipped book rate through the U.S. Postal Service. Orders with less than $35 of product or without a street address to ship to will be mailed through the U.S. Postal Service, unless you have specified otherwise when placing the order. All orders shipped to foreign addresses will be sent air mail (see table of shipping rates above).

So apparently I was incorrect in saying that they ship UPS when the order exceeds $35. They also sometimes use USPS Priority Mail or DHL for those orders. Their "free shipping" orders going to AK, HI, APO addresses, or the Territories are shipped "book rate", which is essentially the same as Media Mail.

I have only rarely received a tracking number. I still order from them though! I placed a big order just yesterday. I paid the $10 for expedited shipping. I usually have my order before I get a tracking number when I expedite. :)

I received a ups tracking # this morning. Just updating! :)

Unless, of course, your item is on back-order :glare:

I have no idea. I just had one book that I ordered and I got an email that it was on backorder.

Apparently they do. :( I ordered 12 items. 4 were on backorder, so RR sent me an e-mail, which said, in part: "On expedited orders, all available items will be shipped within 2 business days. Backorder items will be shipped on a normal basis. If you have not already expedited your order, it can be expedited for a $10.00 fee. ...On regular orders, we hold orders with backorders for up to 5 business days, hoping that the backorder comes in so that we can send the entire order together. If backorders still have not arrived after 5 days, we will ship the portion of the order that is in stock. The backordered items will then ship to you after we receive them."