Menu

NFL Football Fans?

I've become a big Bears fan. Caleb Hanie, backup QB, is from my hometown (my brother was one of his high school coaches) and I'm hoping he gets to make more appearances this year.

BTW: I'm not going to hold your love for Favre against you.;)

Thanks!

I really don't know anything about the Bears. I'll have to look into them. Wait, I'm supposed to be narrowing down my choices not adding to them. Oh well!:lol:

BTW: I'm not going to hold your love for Favre against you.;)

Am I the only one insanely bothered by the pronunciation of this name? To say that I'm not a football fan is an understatement so my dislike of this person is based solely on his name & his mispronunciation of it. The few times I've mentioned it IRL the response is always "its French". Yes, I know, I minored in French. French doesn't mean reverse the V & the R.

Insanely bothered.:glare: Who knows why I even care...

Am I the only one insanely bothered by the pronunciation of this name? To say that I'm not a football fan is an understatement so my dislike of this person is based solely on his name & his mispronunciation of it. The few times I've mentioned it IRL the response is always "its French". Yes, I know, I minored in French. French doesn't mean reverse the V & the R.

Insanely bothered.:glare: Who knows why I even care...

:lol: I always say it drawn out so it sounds even worse ~ but that's on purpose because I dislike him so much.

DA BEARS!!!

L.O.V.E. them!!! Always have, always will. Used to watch the Mike Ditka show with my dad every Sunday before the games. Ahhh...Good times.:D BUT, I will love them even more when they finally get enough 'kahunas' to get rid of Cutler. Ugh.

Maybe you ladies can help me. I am having an identity crisis of sorts. I love, love, love Brett Favre. I know what you're going to say but I still love him. Anyway, I don't know what to do now that he has retired.

I really like Aaron Rodgers and I think he is going to have an awesome career! I also like Clay Matthews for obvious reasons! But I love Colt McCoy (hey, I'm from Texas) and you just can't get much better than Tom Brady. Do you see a pattern developing here? Hehe.

I just don't know who to root for this year. I can't stand Dallas or Tony Romo and Houston is just so lame (the team not the city).

What do you think?

My favorite up and coming quarterback is Sam Bradford, Heisman Trophy winner from the University of Oklahoma who is now the starting QB for Saint Louis. He's also the first Native American to win the Heisman (just a little football trivia for your Wednesday morning!)

Sam first came to my attention because everyone kept telling me that our oldest son looks exactly like him -- and he does! So I started following his career and now I root for the Rams every chance I get!

Now...not sure if you can cheer for a Sooner or not, being from Texas. ;)

I'll make him my new avatar in honor of football season -- and he's such a cutie. :)

DA BEARS!!!

L.O.V.E. them!!! Always have, always will. Used to watch the Mike Ditka show with my dad every Sunday before the games. Ahhh...Good times.:D BUT, I will love them even more when they finally get enough 'kahunas' to get rid of Cutler. Ugh.

:tongue_smilie:

They can't find the kahunas to get the turf under control, let alone deal with player issues. lol! But I love 'em anyway!

Yes! We're pretty excited about him. We could use another Barry Sanders :001_smile:.

His turf toe issues seem to be behind him -- which is a good thing cause the backup the Lions drafted, Mikel Leshoure, blew out his Achilles in practice and is already done for the season. :glare:

His turf toe issues seem to be behind him -- which is a good thing cause the backup the Lions drafted, Mikel Leshoure, blew out his Achilles in practice and is already done for the season. :glare:

That's such a shame. He was having a good camp, too. My husband said the Lions were actually thinking about talking to Ricky Williams for a back up RB. I hope he's still got some gas left!

Maybe you ladies can help me. I am having an identity crisis of sorts. I love, love, love Brett Favre. I know what you're going to say but I still love him. Anyway, I don't know what to do now that he has retired.

I really like Aaron Rodgers and I think he is going to have an awesome career! I also like Clay Matthews for obvious reasons! But I love Colt McCoy (hey, I'm from Texas) and you just can't get much better than Tom Brady. Do you see a pattern developing here? Hehe.

I just don't know who to root for this year. I can't stand Dallas or Tony Romo and Houston is just so lame (the team not the city).

What do you think?

Follow the cheese!

My favorite up and coming quarterback is Sam Bradford, Heisman Trophy winner from the University of Oklahoma who is now the starting QB for Saint Louis. He's also the first Native American to win the Heisman (just a little football trivia for your Wednesday morning!)

Sam first came to my attention because everyone kept telling me that our oldest son looks exactly like him -- and he does! So I started following his career and now I root for the Rams every chance I get!

Now...not sure if you can cheer for a Sooner or not, being from Texas. ;)

I'll make him my new avatar in honor of football season -- and he's such a cutie. :)

I love your avatar, he is just so adorable.

A little weird, but when I read the Twilight books, I pictured Jacob looking like Sam Bradford.:tongue_smilie:

Patriots fans in this house!!!

Although, I think it's time for Brady to cut his hair... it's getting to be a bit unruly! :tongue_smilie: Other than that, I think he's sexy. :D

I cannot stand his hair long, ick!!! He's very sexy with short hair.

We're not huge NFL fans (HUGE college football fans) but we cheer for the Lions now because of Suh.

I love your avatar, he is just so adorable.

A little weird, but when I read the Twilight books, I pictured Jacob looking like Sam Bradford.:tongue_smilie:

I cannot stand his hair long, ick!!! He's very sexy with short hair.

We're not huge NFL fans (HUGE college football fans) but we cheer for the Lions now because of Suh.

Suh rocks! He was the beginning of the little turn-around we're seeing for the Lions. May he stay healthy and stay here a long, long time!