Menu

Is anyone doing Prima Latina?

CarenM

We'll start in two weeks. I've had it for a year but didn't want to do it last year because dd7 still seemed too young. I was a bit unsure about how much it would add to our day, but as I was planning it out a few weeks ago it seemed pretty simplistic - less than 30 minutes a day.

I'm eager to start!

Mama Anna

- less than 30 minutes a day.

Oh, certainly. The way we do it, we watch the video on Monday, then the rest of the week we review with the CD and flashcards and do the workbook. It takes us about 10-15 minutes a day. Granted, we just finished lesson 1. With more vocab words, etc. it'll probably take longer as time goes on, but I gave DS a quiz at the end of the week and he knew everything in the lesson!

We did it last year. If you want a little extra review, try Quizlet. I was able to make up a few extra quizzes and the kids could practice their vocab on the computer in a format that was more fun than flashcards.

We're doing Latina Christiana 1 this year. PL makes the first five+ chapters of LC1 go really fast & easy!

We did it last year. If you want a little extra review, try Quizlet. I was able to make up a few extra quizzes and the kids could practice their vocab on the computer in a format that was more fun than flashcards.

We're doing Latina Christiana 1 this year. PL makes the first five+ chapters of LC1 go really fast & easy!

Wow, thanks for the Quizlet reference! I was looking for a better way to help DS7 review, and this is just perfect! I love that so many have contributed chapter sets already!

I found the Quizlet site through these boards. :001_smile: It is amazing what people have already put on there that you can use to help the kids review!

Memoria Press has great customer service, IMO. If you have a DVD that is cracked/broken, they'll replace it for only $3. (And, sometimes offer to replace it for free, depending on how it is damaged. ) Their catalog is like a mini-magazine with articles in it that are thought-provoking ... and have spawned many a thread on these boards!