Menu

Looking for the perfect lunch box

Ideally, these are the features I'd like -

*bento-box styling, for "a little of this, a little of that" type lunches

*BPA-free

*some type of keep-cold feature

The third feature is optional since I can toss in a chill pack. Anyone have/found a lunchbox that fits this description? I'd love to know where you got it.

Whoa! We always joke that the Hive is faster than google, and you've proven it!

(ETA - I know I could google, but I love the personal recommendations that come with links from the Hive!)

LOVE these sites, the Laptop Lunch one features *exactly* what I was seeking.

If I were purchasing for myself, I'd get a Ms Bento, but the kids won't have access to a microwave.

Thanks so much to both of you!

We do the redneck version of the laptop lunch, which is a lot cheaper and you can get a bunch:

This:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64794?pi=1098453&qs=3012739_g_shopping&subrnd=0

plus this:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=220989&catid=184678&aid=338666&aparam=220989&scinit1=pla&scinit2=%7Bkeyword%7D

with the lid tab cut off. Cheaper at Walmart. Our family has about 20, no joke.

plus a thin ice pack

plus a drink fits in there too.

You don't have to deal with all those little lids and little containers.

I just bought a bunch of these at Kroger last month and LOVE them. Between dh packing his lunch every day, the two youngers packing for various day camps and then co-op, these are going to come in very handy. I keep the ice packs in the freezer in a gallon-size ziploc, then snap them into the lids when I pack the lunches.

ETA: I do not pack my dh's lunches, he does. Don't want anyone to read that and think that I am getting up before him and lovingly packing a lunch. He's a grownup, he knows how to do that just as well as I do!

I have the Easy Lunchboxes. They are deeper than I expected, so I can add more stuff. They are also stronger and sturdier than I expected; I was expecting them to be kind flimsy and cheap. Also, since I have to handwash, there are only two pieces, not 12. I got 2-4 packs of the containers and 3 lunch boxes and the free shipping. Love it. We use them every day even at home; they make really good meal trays for the kids.