Menu

Memory Mondays

missmoe

Last school year several joined me in posting each Monday what they had accomplished for memory work that week. I would like to do this again this year as it kept me motivated to keep up with your memory work and I drew inspiration from others work.

Couple of questions

Who wants to join in?

Should we do it every week, every other week, monthly, something else?

Sounds good everyone. Like Lisa we won't really be starting school for a few weeks.

I'm going to post an overview of our memory work for the year on August 29th, if anyone wants to join in with that and then I will start posting September 12 every Monday.

If anyone wants to start before then that would be great.

Very cool idea! I really need to step up the memory work. We have been doing okay with cathechism and history, but poetry....meh. My dd7 is very resistant, but I have this feeling that dd5 will like it, and maybe that will 'inspire' dd7 :D.

We have never done memory work. My kids have memorized a few things for fun. I will be doing a SCM style memory box fof the whole family. anything they memorize will be marked with their initial. I think having three box will be overwhelming. I figure I can always make two more if it doesn't work.

We have never done memory work. My kids have memorized a few things for fun. I will be doing a SCM style memory box fof the whole family. anything they memorize will be marked with their initial. I think having three box will be overwhelming. I figure I can always make two more if it doesn't work.

Can you just do one box, with high level work for the youngest, and more details for the olders? For example, I know that for the CC timeline, in our community, the youngers learn the timeline titles themselves, and the olders who have already learned the titles add a detail or two or three about each timeline title. Same for the states - the youngers just learn the states & capitals, the olders add locating on the map, major cities, fun facts, etc.

We are starting in 2 weeks!