Menu

Three Little Pigs

I'll huff, and I'll puff and I'll blow your house ________  

1. 1. I'll huff, and I'll puff and I'll blow your house ________

• in
    • down
    • Other

It has to be "in" so it can rhyme with "not by the hair of my chinny chin CHIN!":D

But, have you read the Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig? It is absolutely adorable--possibly better even than the original 3 pigs version which has the butter churn!

Funny....I voted "down" because that's how I remember it. But...of course, it would have to be "in" to rhyme with chin.

Oh, by the way....."I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house other" just isn't right. I'm surprised you even thought that was an option!

Heehee. :lol:

Not only is it "in," the way I tell it the first two little pigs get eaten by the wolf. They don't run to the third little pigs house. Only the smart little pig survives.

Why is that my version? Because it's the way my grandmother told the story to me, of course! ;) It just doesn't seem right the "new" way.

Funny....I voted "down" because that's how I remember it. But...of course, it would have to be "in" to rhyme with chin.

Oh, by the way....."I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house other" just isn't right. I'm surprised you even thought that was an option!

Heehee. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I voted down as well, but I see that it's gotta rhyme with chin.

Is it odd that I don't really like the story of the 3 little pigs?

Not only is it "in," the way I tell it the first two little pigs get eaten by the wolf. They don't run to the third little pigs house. Only the smart little pig survives.

Why is that my version? Because it's the way my grandmother told the story to me, of course! ;) It just doesn't seem right the "new" way.

:iagree:

Yes, they get eaten. Life is hard, and wolves eat pigs.

and foxes eat chickens

and coyotes eat chickens

and bobcats eat chickens

:lol: our chickens had a rough year last year, but good thing my kids were prepared because I told them the real version of The Three Little Pigs

:D

:iagree: LOL. They HAVE to get eaten!

I have this weird story from college, about the 3 Little Pigs.

I majored in Early and Middle Childhood Edu, with an emphasis on multiculturalism.

In a kiddy lit discussion one day, the point was made that 3LP is actually biased (and therefore inappropriate)--because many tribal people around the world build houses out of straw and sticks, and this story says the only "good" house is made of a Western/white material, bricks.

:rolleyes:

On topic, I voted "in." :D

Yes, they get eaten. Life is hard, and wolves eat pigs.

and foxes eat chickens

and coyotes eat chickens

and bobcats eat chickens

:lol: our chickens had a rough year last year, but good thing my kids were prepared because I told them the real version of The Three Little Pigs

We've been dealing with hawks and foxes. The fox(es?) learned to open both doors of our chicken coop as well as tearing a whole in the top of our chicken tractor. We're down to 6 now (from 16), but haven't lost any in the past week now. That fox is history as soon as we can get to him. The hawks are way too protected by our gov't. I can understand it back when they were rare, but they sure aren't rare in our area anymore. We've seen up to six at a time (not around our chickens - just flying nearby). With no natural predators, I shudder to think how many there will be in another couple of years. In the older days when there were just a couple there were enough rabbits and ? to keep them fed. Now they've done in a good part of that population. Maybe they'll starve.

But it's still disappointing to lose so many chickens - esp when they think they're protected. I guess we need to use bricks instead of wood and wire! :D

Edited by creekland

I have this weird story from college, about the 3 Little Pigs.

I majored in Early and Middle Childhood Edu, with an emphasis on multiculturalism.

In a kiddy lit discussion one day, the point was made that 3LP is actually biased (and therefore inappropriate)--because many tribal people around the world build houses out of straw and sticks, and this story says the only "good" house is made of a Western/white material, bricks.

:rolleyes:

On topic, I voted "in." :D

lol! Yeah, maybe for modern times I can see that point, but I'm pretty sure when the story was first recorded, there were quite a few Europeans with stick houses and straw roofs. And then of course, when America was first settled, there were the log (aka stick) houses before brick.

Maybe it's just an elitist thing? Only the elite who can afford a brick house can conquer the wolf, so we must listen to their wisdom :tongue_smilie:

Down. My version of the three little pigs never really says what happened to the first little pig, the second little pig ran away so fast that he got away from the wolf. When the wolf can't blow down the brick house, he tries to trick the little pig by inviting him to go pick turnips. The pig goes before the wolf. Wolf invites him to go apple picking. Pig goes before time. Wolf invites him to a fair in town. Pig is just about to leave the fair, with the butter churn he just bought. Pig sees wolf coming, so he hides in churn. Churn turns over and goes rolling sown the hill. Wolf sees strange thing coming at him and takes off running...and for all we know he is still running today. :D

lol! Yeah, maybe for modern times I can see that point, but I'm pretty sure when the story was first recorded, there were quite a few Europeans with stick houses and straw roofs. And then of course, when America was first settled, there were the log (aka stick) houses before brick.

Maybe it's just an elitist thing? Only the elite who can afford a brick house can conquer the wolf, so we must listen to their wisdom :tongue_smilie:

My mind thought about Petra in Jordan, the cliff dwellings in the southwest, and other similar places. There are plenty of smart "pigs" all over the world throughout all time periods.