Menu

Debt, life goals, investing in future, balancing it all

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. I was Catholic at the time and I have never heard anything like that. I believe they are totally secular. I will be curious to see what you find.

Apparently it is up to the local bishop and personal conscious to determine.

This specific part found here:http://www.catholicpamphlets.net/pamphlets/FORBIDDEN%20AND%20SUSPECT%20SOCIETIES.pdf

Since Rotary is neither secret, nor seditious, and has never yet been formally condemned by the Church, the*implication is clearly that it is in some way suspect and deserving of caution. And we can easily guess the reason for*

the Church's suspicion. By presenting itself as a guide to good living, in complete independence of any*denominational creed or moral authority, Rotary encourages the all too common view that man is his own sufficient*

guide in interpreting the moral law, that any creed will do, and that no particular religion is obligatory. In other words,*like the Y.M.C.A., and other such cultural and philanthropic associations, it tends to beguile the unwary Catholic into*moral naturalism and religious indifferentism. Moreover, it would appear that in some countries it has become*infected by Masonic and anti-clerical elements.

There is a Rotary club in almost every community. They are a service organization just like Kiwanis, of which my husband is a member. Rotary and Kiwanis clubs are not designed to take a stand on spiritual or religious issues. Our Rotary club in town raises money for college scholarships and various service projects in our community. One of my friend's dd was selected to go to Sweden as a exchange student for her junior year. I believe that Rotary paid her entire way because as one of 8 kids and a daughter of a single mom she didn't have the money to make it happen. I am not saying that all Rotary clubs do this, but our local one does this. Just another thought...I live in a small community and know that there are many Catholics in Rotary. Our hospital administrater is in Rotary and I know he is Catholic.

Edited by Reesegirl

• 2 weeks later...
Depending on how soon the economy implodes, you may not have enough time to run up some Lifestyle Debt.

I've been eating more doughnuts.

Snort.

That's exactly what dh said and he got donuts for us when he went out to get the Sunday paper!