Menu

AI Finale has been worth watching so far (spoilers)...

went from Yuck to WOW!! I was so thrilled that he won-best finale ever! I loved how happy he was, humble too. He definitely deserved to win-I just hope it doesn't harm his career prospects like winning has seemed to do with other AI winners. Seems the non-winners have more creative freedom, and he's a guy who definitely needs that!

:iagree: He looked and sounds very unwell to me too. Didn't he mention he had a cold to Ryan?

I thought that too. He always had such a gorgeous, rich voice. He sounded odd last night. And dude, lose the sunglasses at night. Even Corey Hart isn't doing that anymore.

Amy, this is great! My dd would love to have a mom like you :).

I guess I'm in the minority... I liked GM last night. I didn't think he looked bad. I didn't think he sounded bad. I thought his performance was pretty darn good, considering the cold and all - I mean, he could hardly speak and he sang *that* well? ... and I thought he had aged pretty well considering everything he's been through. I just really, really, really liked him last night. Of course, I'm a little older than him and if people saw me today who haven't seen me since back then, they'd be saying a whole lot worse about me, so maybe I'm thinking in relative terms :).

I just have to say this, did anyone else think that Carrie Underwood was going to have a wardrobe malfunction? I hope to heaven that she had shorts on under that get-up.

The camera wouldn't stay on her in a full length manner because when she walked it was like a scene out of Gynecology Today!:001_huh:

I just have to say this, did anyone else think that Carrie Underwood was going to have a wardrobe malfunction? I hope to heaven that she had shorts on under that get-up.

The camera wouldn't stay on her in a full length manner because when she walked it was like a scene out of Gynecology Today!:001_huh:

:lol: I was SERIOUSLY concerned for the front row viewers there and what they might have to get a peek at. :001_huh: I think she forgot the bottom of her suit! And then there was the train/veil thingy...I don't get country music fashion. Okay, I don't get hip-hop/rock/pop or most other fashion either.

I would agree that her outfit was definitely missing something. Not my cuppa tea. However, I don't really like her sappy side. (Gag me with a spoon if I ever hear "Jesus Take the Wheel" again.) So, I thought it was an improvement. :D

I was SO happy David Cook won! I just couldn't believe it.

As for Simon, Dh said he saw Simon on Letterman or Jay Leno, and Simon mentioned he was cheering for David Cook because DC had "paid his dues."

Did anyone else have the conspiracy theory that Simon said what he said about David A and David C on Tuesday night to spur David C's supporters to vote more. I don't remember Simon ever being so outspoken on the finale before. So in my twisted mind, Simon wasn't backpedaling on Wednesday night, he was just saying what he would have said on Tuesday if he wasn't trying to influence the voting. What do you all think?

LOL!!

I thought that too. He always had such a gorgeous, rich voice. He sounded odd last night. And dude, lose the sunglasses at night. Even Corey Hart isn't doing that anymore.

Hey Anj, here's a belated anniversary present for you...

:D

Did anyone else have the conspiracy theory that Simon said what he said about David A and David C on Tuesday night to spur David C's supporters to vote more. I don't remember Simon ever being so outspoken on the finale before. So in my twisted mind, Simon wasn't backpedaling on Wednesday night, he was just saying what he would have said on Tuesday if he wasn't trying to influence the voting. What do you all think?

That's what I thought too (see my post above). Because he had said previously that's who he thought should win (Cook). So, when he said it was a knock on on Tuesday night for David A., I knew that was kind of weird. Simon is a smart man. I have no doubt he knew what he was doing!:001_smile: