Menu

WM doesn't carry seeds!?

The lady told me they don't carry seeds.

WHAT? I said. (Of course y'all carry seeds, I thought.)

We only carry them at certain times, then we send them back.

WHAT? I thought. But all I did was stand there in stunned silence. It's May. MAY.

As I walked away, I heard her ask another employee (in a disgusted tone), "Do we HAVE to explain why we don't carry seeds?"

:confused1:

Huh. Our Wal-Mart still has seeds. Maybe you could try K-Mart?

Nah, we don't have a K-Mart any more. I'm sure there's a nursery or Target carries them or something, but you just don't want to have to fight more than one major store or get everybody out at multiple places, kwim? Esp just to spend $1 or so. :glare:

I tried to buy sunscreen at Wal Mart in early September last year. I live in Georgia. It was 90 degrees out at the time. "uhh, we don't have it right now. It's seasonal." yes. the season when you use sunscreen? is summer. which is RIGHT NOW (I said inside my head).

I tried to buy sunscreen at Wal Mart in early September last year. I live in Georgia. It was 90 degrees out at the time. "uhh, we don't have it right now. It's seasonal." yes. the season when you use sunscreen? is summer. which is RIGHT NOW (I said inside my head).

They may not have sunscreen but I bet they heavy jackets, gloves and rain boots! It drives me nuts. Here in So Cal, the best part of our summer is late Aug-Oct but yet the stores clear out all their summer items in July. It drives me nuts! I live in So Cal...why does my local Wal Mart need snow boots?? :confused1:

Strange.... All three of our WM's have huge garden centers and lots of seeds. Maybe she was just being...hhummm not smart.

Ok, but the 1st guy I asked had me repeat myself 10 times before he just shrugged & I gave up. He couldn't hear, poor guy, but...why was he standing there wearing a WM vest? I mean, what's the point?

Suspecting similar...apathy?...lack of product information (!)... from the 2nd lady, I continued looking, but considering the 3rd guy didn't correct her, & considering I'm usually intelligent enough to find the HUGE displays of seeds, I gave up.

Sure, the garden center is big & ...stocked...I was going to say well-stocked, but...

Sure, the garden center is big & ...stocked...I was going to say well-stocked, but...

how about, well, stocked? :lol:

IKWYM though, ours only carries seeds seasonally too- but I'm not sure what "season" seed stocking is in, LOL. I mean, you'd think people plant seeds in spring, right? Maybe they all bought them and planted them in the late winter, and you have to wait a year, :tongue_smilie:

Maybe they all bought them and planted them in the late winter, and you have to wait a year, :tongue_smilie:

That's exactly what she told me!! "Just wait until next year."

Or was it, "We'll have more next year." You get the idea. My pots are filled w/ dirt, & I can't find the seeds I bought last year. Now WM doesn't have seeds until next year. This project is really not working, but it does exemplify my horticultural skills. *This* is (part of) why I can't get things to grow.

That doesn't make any sense to me either.

You can't feel any more frustrated than I did when I asked our local Walmart where to find beach shovels and toys.

Response:

"I'm sorry, those are seasonal items"

:001_huh:

It's Hawaii. It's an island. Year round warmth. Tourist location.

:blink:

The bigger the store, the smaller the common sense. ;)

Jo

I rarely shop at my filthy WM anymore. I stopped by looking for a sewing notion the other night and the woman acted like I was annoying her for asking for help. They did not have the item I needed. In fact, they are doing away with most of their sewing stuff. WM has lost its focus.

I am old enough to expect that if I am spending money, I want to be treated like I am a valued customer. WM no longer treats me like a customer so I shop elsewhere.