Menu

Clean bachelor party ideas

DH is the best man for a dear friend. He is trying to come up with ideas but is stumped. There will be approximately 9 guys (including the father of the bride, step father of the bride and groom's dad). It should have no alcohol (2 recovering alcoholics), hiking is out due to the dads health, the groom loves fishing but 2 of the groomsmen can't step on a boat. The wedding is in Cleveland but we are in Cincy. DH will drive up to Cleveland but it is hard to know what to do up there. We thought about the Browns/Bengal game but there is some kind of lock out going on.

Help!

what about a nice dinner followed by a friendly poker game. My dh went to a "clean" bacholor party like that they had a nice dinner at a Japanese steakhouse and they had rented a hotel room and had poker tables set up and did a $5 entry and had a "lastman standing" kind of game it was a lo of fun for all the guys.

DH just threw a bachelor's party for his brother. They went shooting. They drove out to the desert with a bunch of stuff they didn't want anymore (they needed to destroy a couple of hard drives anyway), a whole lot of amo, a bunch of guns, and even a couple of bows with arrows and one bb gun. Yes, the did a thorough cleaning up afterward. They all had a blast - even the ones who don't normally like shooting. Not something I would ever want to do - but that's why it's a bachelors party. :)

I don't know if something like that is an option in your area, but there's probably a shooting range nearby if the groom likes guns.

Guys seem to like to go bowling even if they're not that good at it. It's also relatively inexpensive and not too arduous. It keeps everyone busy and there's time to chat.

I think bowling lanes do tend to serve beer sometimes, though. Often the alcohol is in an adjacent bar but not at the lanes because they want to be family-friendly. You might have to do some research in this regard. It's best to stop by before to check out the maintenance too; some of them get run down.

I know of a group of guys that rented a house boat on a lake. They were old buddies getting together for a reunion. They fished, told stories, etc. Slept on the boat. I can't remember if they cooked out or went to a restaurant. I know there are lakes with houseboats for rent in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. I'm not sure about around Cincinnati.