Menu

Ok, ok - bought the Harry Potter tickets.

Kids have been frantic "It will sell out! We have to go the day it opens!" and then I see a CNN article that 2,000 theaters HAVE sold out for next Friday....ok, I'll pay the extra $1 charge and get them now.

But no midnight showing. I just can't stay awake that late! ;-)

"If you're planning on seeing "Potter" stateside on July 15, check to make sure there's still a ticket available at a showing near you. Online retailer Fandango reports that the site has already sold out of more than 2,000 showings across the U.S., from "Anchorage, Alaska to Sunrise, Florida," according to a statement. So far, it's Fandango's fastest selling movie. (Surprise, surprise.)

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" opens July 15. You can catch a sneak peek of never before seen footage during Larry King's "Harry Potter" special this Sunday, July 10 at 8 p.m. ET. Don't forget to send in any questions you have for the cast via iReport by Friday, July 8 at noon, and you could see the answer on CNN.com.

Filed under: Harry Potter • movies

I bought the "2 tickets for $9" Fandango deal through LivingSocial several weeks ago and used that to get our HP tickets as soon as the Friday showings showed up in the drop down menu. We paid $21.00 to see part one, so that was a deal, and it is nice to know we already have tickets!

Bought our tickets on July 5th. For the last couple of years a friend and I go to the 10am showing the day it opens. You should have heard all the kids complaining that it was opening in the summer and all those school kids will be there.

We just found out our favorite drive-in is actually doing a midnight showing, so I am assuming that's what they will be running on Friday night as well. No way to prepay, but I have a feeling we will head there nice and early with a picnic dinner.

We just found out our favorite drive-in is actually doing a midnight showing, so I am assuming that's what they will be running on Friday night as well. No way to prepay, but I have a feeling we will head there nice and early with a picnic dinner.

That sounds like fun!