Menu

Dh has a VERY bad sense of humor! Hive may discipline as needed.

I went out to check our ducks. We have a small portable run (think duck tractor instead of chicken tractor) for a mating pair of Australian Spotteds, another for a pair of Khaki Calls, and another called the bachelor pad. The bachelor pad contains a butterscotch call drake and a gray call drake. They were offered to dh for free and headed for someone's freezer so he felt sorry for them and took them off the breeders hands. They are adorable, fun little ducks, but they are just for looks as neither has a wife.

So, I was adding bedding to their boxes, changing out water, and feeding everyone. Normally, the boys do this chore but since the Australian spotted female is nesting, I wanted to check her for certain and I do love the ducks. Anyway, I opened the bachelor pad house and there were eggs in a nest!!!!! WHAT?????????

My brain was fluttering quite hard and I grabbed both drakes just to make sure I wasn't somehow confused and they really did have s*x feathers and were therefore both MALES! Then it dawned on me that dh, the comedian wannabe, might be involved.

As it turns out, he made up the nest and put one of Francine's eggs in there the other day. The boys found it first, their brains went wonky, and since they couldn't explain the phenomenon and were certain I'd accuse them of making the nest up, they never said anything. Apparently, they've been discussing this amongst themselves for three days and wondering if they should call the vet school at MSU and ask about it! No one said a word to me.

Dh is in the other room cackling. I have decided to prank him this weekend, I just have to determine what that prank will be.

Faith

:lol::lol: That is fantastic! I love goofy, fun people!

ETA: Was it your dh who used the dog as the dustmop under the bed? Or was that someone else?

It was my dh :blink:! I ended up bathing the dog because the four males in my house apparently felt his extreme layer of dust and lint was "normal"...of course I see the dog licking himself to get clean and think..."BAD!"

You know...sometimes my family is fun, and sometimes, well, these males can wear me out too! As most of you know, I HATE SNAKES WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS and guess what was under my pillow last night???? Guess??? A plastic snake coiled up into a nasty knot so I'd just have to put my hand under my pillow in the dark while thinking, "What on earth?" This caused the screams of shock which the 14 year old was so desperate to hear. Of course, said 14 year old is terrified of spiders and so I grabbed a big rubber, plastic hairy spider from my stash and before he woke up this morning, snuck into his room and place it on his chest. Payback is sweet!!!!!!

So, if dh ever comes on here hoping the hive will know where I'm hiding, you MAY NOT divulge that I've run off to grad school and I'm living in the dorms incognito!

I have to gear up! Tomorrow we fly rockets again with pre-teens and teens. Fire, igniters, rocket fuel, ...males between the ages of 12 and 14....dh, commonly known as "Thor, the firemaster"...it's going to be quite the weekend!

By the way, if the science geek 13 year old girl in your 4-H club decides to design a rocket with a water-proof payload section and send three goldfish aptly named, Neil Armstrong, Jim Lovell, and Buzz Aldren, 567 feet into the air, they will live!

My life is so bizarre that I couldn't even write a book about it because know one would believe me!

Faith

It was my dh :blink:! I ended up bathing the dog because the four males in my house apparently felt his extreme layer of dust and lint was "normal"...of course I see the dog licking himself to get clean and think..."BAD!"

You know...sometimes my family is fun, and sometimes, well, these males can wear me out too! As most of you know, I HATE SNAKES WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS and guess what was under my pillow last night???? Guess??? A plastic snake coiled up into a nasty knot so I'd just have to put my hand under my pillow in the dark while thinking, "What on earth?" This caused the screams of shock which the 14 year old was so desperate to hear. Of course, said 14 year old is terrified of spiders and so I grabbed a big rubber, plastic hairy spider from my stash and before he woke up this morning, snuck into his room and place it on his chest. Payback is sweet!!!!!!

So, if dh ever comes on here hoping the hive will know where I'm hiding, you MAY NOT divulge that I've run off to grad school and I'm living in the dorms incognito!

I have to gear up! Tomorrow we fly rockets again with pre-teens and teens. Fire, igniters, rocket fuel, ...males between the ages of 12 and 14....dh, commonly known as "Thor, the firemaster"...it's going to be quite the weekend!

By the way, if the science geek 13 year old girl in your 4-H club decides to design a rocket with a water-proof payload section and send three goldfish aptly named, Neil Armstrong, Jim Lovell, and Buzz Aldren, 567 feet into the air, they will live!

My life is so bizarre that I couldn't even write a book about it because know one would believe me!

Faith

How fun! We just bought ds some rockets for his bday - he's too young to think about modifying anything quite yet, but what a great idea!

When dh and I were engaged, I was living at my gparents house about 2 hours away from him. He'd drive up on Friday and we'd spend the weekends together. One night he got there very late and there was a spider in the middle of the driveway on the drivers side. He crawled out of the passenger side because it was a HUGE spider. We went out the next morning and it was still there! And plastic. :lol: That plastic spider made many appearances over the years - I think it got lost in our last move though.