Menu

Raleigh, NC area members!

Me too on all of it!

I do "y'all" in person, although I don't have that strong of an accent, unless I'm around my mother or sister. :)

Okay, so someone will bring nametags, which is great. But how will we find each other to begin with? Should we meet outside and just look for the bunch of really cute, really intelligent gals?

It looks like I may not be able to go after all! It sounds like a lot of fun, but we are pretty booked since we just got back to the US and have some family obligations that we need to prioritize for now. I will miss meeting ya'll! (I do say that in real life :001_smile:).

I will bring a sign for whatever area we are sitting in. You'll have to come in, pay for your buffet, and then look for the sign. It'll say something about WTM. Renee and I will be there a little early so hopefully we'll be the first ones there.

So sorry, ALB!

Well, just left to take my daughter to her camp...only to find that I have a flat tire on the van. Husband had already left with two of the other kids to go to a Cub Scout rocket launch. So, now my plans are all up in the air! Hope to make it there, but if not, I hope you all have a great time!

I'm not going to be able to make it after all...and I'm bummed. I feel especially bad because I'm the one who asked for the time to be bumped up. I thought I had coverage today for my oldest son who has autism, but the day isn't panning out like I originally intended. I really hope we can arrange to do this again soon! I was really looking forward to meeting some other WTM folks in the local area. You guys have a great time!

No baby yet but I haven't been feeling well. My husband got called into the office and I don't have a sitter. I would love to get together sometime after the baby is born. I am going to try to be at the Lighthouse Used Curriculum Book Fair next weekend Saturday July 16th from 9:00 to 12:00. This is at Faith Baptist Church in Youngsville, NC. I would love to meet at Gathering Place sometime in August. I could plan on bring the baby and getting a sitter for the other three. I hope you all have fun! I wish I could go!

I'm not going to make it either. I drove 3 hours ( one way) to the textbook sale in Fair Bluffs yesterday. It was terrible. I'm in a lot of pain today, so is my dh.

I really wanted to come and meet you all! Maybe we can arrange another one for next month?

Have fun.

Kim

We had a great time but we missed all of you who couldn't come!

I, for one, was reflecting on my drive home about how refreshed I felt afterwards, like "Yes, I really can do this...there are others doing it too...there are good, valid reasons why we chose to live this way...God has plans for me and for all my dc even if I tend to just see how we're all messed up..." etc.

It was really a good plan. I had no idea how close that GC was - if it wasn't so ridiculously hot we could walk back and forth! I would love to make it a regular thing, like every three months or so. maybe we could meet again in August and then do every three months from there? It was so wonderful to be with a group who isn't as unschooly as my area tends to be!

We had a great time but we missed all of you who couldn't come!

I, for one, was reflecting on my drive home about how refreshed I felt afterwards, like "Yes, I really can do this...there are others doing it too...there are good, valid reasons why we chose to live this way...God has plans for me and for all my dc even if I tend to just see how we're all messed up..." etc.

It was really a good plan. I had no idea how close that GC was - if it wasn't so ridiculously hot we could walk back and forth! I would love to make it a regular thing, like every three months or so. maybe we could meet again in August and then do every three months from there? It was so wonderful to be with a group who isn't as unschooly as my area tends to be!

:iagree: It was great for me to talk to other moms about homeschooling and realize that *everyone* struggles in homeschooling. One mom in particular put it well - "I can describe my ds as a 6th grader doing xyz and you will think, 'WOW' but then describe him abc and it is different!" Or something of that sort.

BTW, did anyone get a picture of the sign at the Gathering Place? Wasn't that funny?:D

ETA: I know that another WTM group was getting together monthly in Cary, but I haven't been able to contact anyone to see if they are still meeting. Does anyone know?

I took a pic of the sign. I am @ a baseball game, but will post the poc when I get home. I should have taken a poc of all of us! Durrr! Next time. ;)

That's great! Julia is a hoot, isn't she?

And remember, ladies, don't take your books in for consignment on Tuesday or Thursday evenings!;):lol:

:iagree: It was great for me to talk to other moms about homeschooling and realize that *everyone* struggles in homeschooling. One mom in particular put it well - "I can describe my ds as a 6th grader doing xyz and you will think, 'WOW' but then describe him abc and it is different!" Or something of that sort.

BTW, did anyone get a picture of the sign at the Gathering Place? Wasn't that funny?:D

ETA: I know that another WTM group was getting together monthly in Cary, but I haven't been able to contact anyone to see if they are still meeting. Does anyone know?

I was so refreshed too! Everyone was so real! The conversations were so interesting. I was so shocked when we looked at the clock at the store and it was almost 5:00! Time flew by.