Menu

Raleigh, NC area members!

Renee in FL and I are planning to meet next Saturday, July 9, at the homeschool store in Raleigh. Would anyone like to join us? We were thinking that we could meet at a nearby coffee shop at around 3 PM (any suggestions?), so that would give people time to browse at the homeschool store first if you want to. What do you all think?

Renee in FL and I are planning to meet next Saturday, July 9, at the homeschool store in Raleigh. Would anyone like to join us? We were thinking that we could meet at a nearby coffee shop at around 3 PM (any suggestions?), so that would give people time to browse at the homeschool store first if you want to. What do you all think?

:D

There is a coffee shop a few stores down from there, but I don't know how big it is.

Please hope I go into labor this weekend. This is my 4th pregnancy and my longest pregnancy ever. I have 38 weeks and 4 days. I have been dilated to a 3.5, -1 station and 80% for 5 days. I am hoping I can come meet all of you with the new baby. Please send labor prayers my way. I go to the birth center today at 4:30 for my appointment.

Please hope I go into labor this weekend. This is my 4th pregnancy and my longest pregnancy ever. I have 38 weeks and 4 days. I have been dilated to a 3.5, -1 station and 80% for 5 days. I am hoping I can come meet all of you with the new baby. Please send labor prayers my way. I go to the birth center today at 4:30 for my appointment.

What birth center?

I should be able to be there.

There is a coffee shop in the same strip. The owner is an extremely nice man. My daughter and I stop there often. It's not huge but I think it could hold 10-15 of us. Maybe more if it's not too busy.

There is also a Greek restaurant nearby and of course, the mall has a lot of places.

Hey, is there any chance we could move the time up some? There are a couple of us wanting to come from Fayetteville but we have to be back for a previously scheduled event by 5:30ish. So, just wondering if we could meet around 1? I'd like to have a couple of hours in the area, before I have to leave. And, it's about an hour and a half trip, depending on traffic.

Thanks!

Hey, is there any chance we could move the time up some? There are a couple of us wanting to come from Fayetteville but we have to be back for a previously scheduled event by 5:30ish. So, just wondering if we could meet around 1? I'd like to have a couple of hours in the area, before I have to leave. And, it's about an hour and a half trip, depending on traffic.

Thanks!

That's a possibility. I think the store closes at 5 on Saturday, so we could meet earlier and browse after. I guess it would make more sense to meet at a restaurant then and have lunch.

I should be able to be there. But what time now? 1 for lunch or 3 for coffee?

1 for lunch. I am going to call a buffet place close by to see about getting a room, but I need a general idea of how many people.

ETA: I count 10 so far. Any others? I could say 20 and then if we don't end up with that I could let them know?

Or does someone have a better idea for a place close to there for lunch?

There is the Golden Corral on Glenwood -is that the buffet place you were thinking about? It's probably the easiest thing for people with various eating requirements.

Ooooh - This is bad - I swore to my family that I would NEVER, EVER eat at a Golden Corral again! :tongue_smilie: Maybe they won't find out. ;)

And yes - it is ironic that we both have to move to NC to meet when we lived about 5 miles away from each other in FL!!

Ooooh - This is bad - I swore to my family that I would NEVER, EVER eat at a Golden Corral again! :tongue_smilie: Maybe they won't find out. ;)

And yes - it is ironic that we both have to move to NC to meet when we lived about 5 miles away from each other in FL!!

We won't tell them!;)

The Golden Corral there is pretty good. Cathmom and I figured that everyone could find something there that they can eat, it wasn't too expensive, and we wouldn't all have to sit down at the same time to order. They have a large salad/fruit/veggie bar, a range of hot foods from country cooking to chinese to mexican, and a whole bunch more.

I should be able to come. I don't know whether you saw my prayer request thread, but I was diagnosed with leukemia (not an aggressive type, thank God) on Thursday and started chemo yesterday. So far the chemo hasn't made me sick, so I will plan on coming as long as I feel well enough that day. I can't wait to meet everyone!

I should be able to come. I don't know whether you saw my prayer request thread, but I was diagnosed with leukemia (not an aggressive type, thank God) on Thursday and started chemo yesterday. So far the chemo hasn't made me sick, so I will plan on coming as long as I feel well enough that day. I can't wait to meet everyone!

I missed that! I am so sorry! :grouphug:

I hope you can come!

I will try to make it. It depends on if my dh thinks he can keep the kids for the day. He blew out his knee at my Mom's wake last week. He's having surgery in 2 weeks.

Kim

I'm sorry about your dh's knee, but I think it's hysterical that you're counting him as one of your monkeys!! :lol:

I'm sorry about your dh's knee, but I think it's hysterical that you're counting him as one of your monkeys!! :lol:

He's the biggest monkey of them all! He's the first one to suggest most of the crazy things my guys do.

ETA Thanks. His knee has been a problem since he was 10. This will be his 4th surgery on it. He told the Dr that if he can't fix it this time to amputate it. The bad part is that he did it while we were having my Mom''s wake. He scared a lot of people.

Edited by zookeeperof3

We just came back from China yesterday and I'm dying to get over to the Gathering Place. I'd love to meet you ladies! Thanks for organizing this, I had no idea so many were in Raleigh! So, its lunch at Golden Corral first, and then shopping?

When I called GC, I was told that they do not do reservations on Saturdays. They will be able to accomodate us, though, so it isn't a big deal.

If someone has a different idea, post it so we can decide. Otherwise, we can just stick with GC at 1pm (with shopping before and/or after - your choice!)

I missed that! I am so sorry! :grouphug:

I hope you can come!

Reality is setting in here. I have been very weak from the chemo meds, and now I'm in the hospital for a blood transfusion and because I started spiking fevers. So I think I will have to pass this time. I hope there will be another get together later so that I can meet all of you wonderful ladies.

Reality is setting in here. I have been very weak from the chemo meds, and now I'm in the hospital for a blood transfusion and because I started spiking fevers. So I think I will have to pass this time. I hope there will be another get together later so that I can meet all of you wonderful ladies.

I am so sorry you're not feeling well. Will you be in the hospital for a while or is it just for the transfusion?

I'm sure that we will have more get-togethers! Don't worry about that!

I am so sorry you're not feeling well. Will you be in the hospital for a while or is it just for the transfusion?

I'm sure that we will have more get-togethers! Don't worry about that!

I'm waiting for the dr. to come by and let me know whether I can go home today. I spiked fevers twice yesterday, so he might make me stay until tomorrow, because the first set of cultures won't be back until tonight.

ETA: I'm at home! YAY!

Edited by LizzyBee

I'm waiting for the dr. to come by and let me know whether I can go home today. I spiked fevers twice yesterday, so he might make me stay until tomorrow, because the first set of cultures won't be back until tonight.

ETA: I'm at home! YAY!

Glad to know you are at home! I hope that the rest of the week goes better for you.:grouphug:

I had a thought - we need name tags! Not all of us have pictures as our avatar. And will we recognize Mrs. Mungo without a Mike's in her hand? ;)

They may end up being address stickers, but I'll bring them and a sharpie. If in fact dh was kidding about not going. :glare: We kid like that but he was rather straight faced at the time. But I need to go to HGP anyway - WriteShop 2.

See you Saturday!

I had a thought - we need name tags! Not all of us have pictures as our avatar. And will we recognize Mrs. Mungo without a Mike's in her hand? ;)

They may end up being address stickers, but I'll bring them and a sharpie. If in fact dh was kidding about not going. :glare: We kid like that but he was rather straight faced at the time. But I need to go to HGP anyway - WriteShop 2.

See you Saturday!

I was going to bring name tags, but feel free to bring them if you want!

You're right - unfortunately I do not look like a red panda! :lol:

Just wanted to say I am jealous. If it wasn't 4 hours one way from Asheville, I would come.

Come anyway!!! :auto: It's not like gas is $3.50 a gallon or anything...

I count 14, not including susancollins in case the baby times it so she can't come. Has that baby made an appearance yet? :bigear:

This is so exciting!