Menu

Our new school tables came and the room is now all set up

nukeswife

Wow, your room looks awesome! Love all the cheery color. The roller maps look very handy. Where did you get your tables from?

I love the color, we painted it last year and it's so much nicer than the old drab eggplant purple it used to be. It's like being at the ocean everyday. LOL

The roller maps are a great addition to the room, the kids love them and I can use dry or wet erase markers on them too. I got them from Amazon for $153 for the set of two.

I got the tables from http://www.classroomdirect.com they always seem to have the best price for shipping on big items like that.

Ooh, I just looked again and in the other room I saw another cute table that was curvy. Same place? I wish I had more children to homeschool! And a real room with walls.

Yep, got that one at the same place. That was our first school table when the oldest was only in 2nd grade. It has served us well and the kids still use it for arts and crafts as well as for special lunches together. I love that all of them have adjustable legs and most of them are only on the 2nd from the bottom setting so they still have plenty of room to grow. The "curvy" table is the clover leaf style top.

Love it!

Did you make the Magnetic Board? If so, how did you deal with the sharp edges?

Samiam,

I did make the magnet board. It's three sheets of something called Duct Panning, you can get it in the HVAC section of home depot and the edges really weren't sharp. I just brought it home used a nail set to punch a few holes at the top and bottom of each sheet and them screwed them right to the wall, because they are pretty thin they don't stick out much so we didn't do anything to the edges.

If you search the archives on my blog I posted a little more about what I bought.

I said in another thread that when our new tables showed up that I would post pictures after I got my room set up. I'll just post a link to our blog which would be the easiest way to see the pictures.

www.fawkesacademy.blogspot.com

Your school space is beautiful. Where did you get the magnet board?

BTW- I tried to comment on your blog, but Blogger keeps kicking me back to a sign in page. This seems to happen lately with Blogger and anyone who doesn't have comments enabled as a pop up.

Your school space is beautiful. Where did you get the magnet board?

BTW- I tried to comment on your blog, but Blogger keeps kicking me back to a sign in page. This seems to happen lately with Blogger and anyone who doesn't have comments enabled as a pop up.

TXMary, I changed the comments to a pop up (not sure how it changed because I had it set like that originally) so hopefully its working now. I actually made the magnet board with metal sheets used for heating ducts. Here's a link to the post about it.

Wow, it looks great! Do the chairs have adjustable legs also and did you get them from the same place as the tables?

Love the tables, love the maps, love the magnets and all of the organization!

Lea, the chairs are not adjustable, but I will soon be getting a Keekaroo chair for my youngest son which is fully adjustable and even has a foot rest for him so his legs won't dangle anymore. The chairs I have in there now are traditional school chairs, and yes I did get them at the same place. They come in many different heights. We actually have smaller ones for our old school table (that you can kind of see if you look at some of the pictures that show the play room that's next to the school room)

Wow! Just wow! I'm green with envy. What is the place value thing that is on the magnetic board?

The place value thing is something I got from one of my favorite teacher supply providers online. http://www.reallygoodstuff.com Here's a link to that poster and magnet set, it's actually on clearance right now for $3.99

I also have this regrouping one in a file box for later in the year.

What a great room!! May I ask where you bought the art supply table? Thanks for the ideas. :)

The art supply shelf is actually just half of a 6ft tall bookcase we bought at target. DH and I only put together the bottom half, this shelf came in two pieces that stacked one on top the other allowing us to split it in half easily, then I bought some extra shelf pins and 1/4" thick fiber board from Home Depot (it comes in a 4x8ft sheet) and cut extra shelves for it. I put a pin in every hole and that gave me enough shelves for all our art paper. The fiber board is pretty floppy though so I'll probably be buying some thin wood strips and use them to reinforce the shelves so they don't sag as much as they do now.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your schoolroom(s). Are you using both the dining room and living room?

I want more space!!! We have a room in the basement we are using now, but it's crowded, and I love your set up so much better.

I really would love to get those roller maps too!

The room in the pictures is what should be the formal dining room. The play room I mention would be a family room, but we just use it for a lot of the kids toys. We have a separate living room on the other side of the house and the "breakfast nook" in this house is huge so we were able to put our dining room table in there instead.

I got the roller maps from Amazon.