Menu

I now understand why school supply lists call for so many glue sticks

DS has used up three glue sticks since yesterday, including one oversized one. He hasn't quite gotten the idea that you don't need THAT much glue in the middle of something, that it's more important for the edges to be glued well.

During his art classes earlier this spring, I saw the kids go through a lot of glue sticks, on one project.

I always used glue sparingly, I guess a lot of kids don't.

When the kids were younger, I would buy *cartfuls* of the stuff at Target's back-to-school sale. Dh would roll his eyes at me and ask how I EVER thought we would use all that. ... And come February, I'd be completely out! lol...

He also can't believe the number of pencils we go through in a year. Or... colored pencils... paper... scissors... lol...

I thought you were going to say that so many were needed because some kids consider them snacks (in addition to being glue sticks). ;):lol:

(Of course, I'm thinking back to the old days when I watched the kid at my table in kindergarten eat our supply of glue on a regular basis. That was liquid glue, though, not a stick. Since I'm not a glue gourmet, I'm not sure of the foodie differences between them....)

I thought you were going to say that so many were needed because some kids consider them snacks (in addition to being glue sticks). ;):lol:

(Of course, I'm thinking back to the old days when I watched the kid at my table in kindergarten eat our supply of glue on a regular basis. That was liquid glue, though, not a stick. Since I'm not a glue gourmet, I'm not sure of the foodie differences between them....)

:lol::lol::lol:

Heh. I remember a girl eating the liquid Elmer's, too. She said she didn't have any breakfast that morning.