Menu

So who IS River Song? (Doctor Who post. Potential spoilers...)

The daughter of Amy and Rory? The Doctor's wife? DW/Amy's daughter?! Left feeling so confused after that last episode. But looking forward to the new season!

Any ideas on the identity of River is much appreciated. :)

The finally shows her explain to Amy where the name River Song came from (it's on the prayer leaf the guard woman gave Amy) she's most definitely Amy and Rory's dd

yes, Amy and Rory's child- and I thought in an earlier episode River mentioned she was the Dr.'s wife. Did I imagine that?

No, it was after the wedding when he asks if she's married and she tells him "Yes".

River's being Amy and Rory's child was about the only thing (I think) I took from that last episode.

She is Rory and Amy's daughter. That was clear.

She has a relationship to the Doctor that is still confused-wife, girlfriend, companion? Her kissing him and playfulness-calling him sweetie and such imply that they had/have some sort of relationship. But I don't think she has ever clearly said-all she admitted to was being married.

The only reason I think she might be the little girl in the suit who can regenerate is that the little girl had a photo of Amy in her room at the "orphanage/asylum."

The Doctor promised that he would search for Melody Pond/River Song and leaves to get her. But they meet in such a confused time stream that who knows...

AAHHH!!! I am trying SOOOO hard not to read the spoilers, you guys are making it hard!! I'm almost caught up, though, so suppose I'm not spoiling *too* much. ;)

Well, if you get it all figured out after reading this thread and watching the ending, you go ahead and let us in on it.

It's all getting very confusing. What about the little girl who regenerated? If River is Amy and Rory's daughter, and she is the girl, how is she a time lord with human parents? Who did she kill? And according to her, at some point The Doctor won't recognize her - and supposedly that day is coming soon. I really hope the plot resolution isn't a let down.

It's all getting very confusing. What about the little girl who regenerated? If River is Amy and Rory's daughter, and she is the girl, how is she a time lord with human parents? Who did she kill? And according to her, at some point The Doctor won't recognize her - and supposedly that day is coming soon. I really hope the plot resolution isn't a let down.

They seem to imply in that last episode that she is some sort of human/time lord hybrid due to having been in the Tardis prior to birth.

Perhaps the doctor doesn't recognize her as a young girl? In a space suit?

The options are endless :001_huh:

I thought he already did not recognize her, in the library- he did not know her. She's said before that they are traveling on different timelines.

did anyone get River's comment when Rory showed up (the last episode) at the jail to get her, she said she had been on a picnic with the Dr. for her birthday, Rory was confused and then asked if there were 2 Dr.'s, River quipped something like "no darling, that was a different birthday" !!!! I just love her!:lol:

I thought he already did not recognize her, in the library- he did not know her. She's said before that they are traveling on different timelines.

Oh, that makes sense. I guess I was thinking of a different time when he doesn't recognize her. So she's talking about his past? As the 10th doctor? Which is her future? :confused:

Well, if you get it all figured out after reading this thread and watching the ending, you go ahead and let us in on it.

Y'all will have it figured out long before I do... I just finished last night when Amy and the current Doctor were in the cave with the Angel thingies. There was a reference there to him being married to River, though, when Amy asked if they were married, and River asked if she thought anything is that simple with the Doctor. Amy replied, "Yes," and River said that she was very good. ;) I figured it meant that she was the Doctor's wife, but I'm really looking forward to getting into the Amy/Rory plotline now. :)

I'm confused about the girl regenerating. I assume this is also River? But if it is, then why did she not recognize the suit. She said it looked like the girl forced her way out. Did I miss something that explained that?

That hasn't been confirmed yet. But she wouldn't remember any of her life with the Silence because that's how it works with them.

She's a timelord because she was conceived in the TARDIS while it was in flight.

You watched the mid-season finale?

She's Amy and Rory's daughter and the Doctor's future lover. It's been pointing to that conclusion all season. I'm still hoping for a not so obvious twist.

Wow! I'm glad you are so smart. We had many ideas in our mind about River Song, but never came close to what came out in the finale! Even dh, who is as clever as they come, was surprised.

We finished the mid-season finale earlier in the week. We have been watching all the episodes of Doctor Who (starting with Christopher Eccleston) for months and we are wondering what to do with ourselves now. :lol:

We tried Torchwood, thinking that would help, but it was NOT family friendly. :glare:

Oh, well! We can't wait for the next episode!