Menu

I think I'm finally losing weight!!!

I had begun to despair, lol. But I gave up grains, and sugar, and have stuck to meats, eggs, greek yogurt, cream, fruits, and veggies. Oh, and almonds. Lots of iced green tea/herbal tea and I'm down to just a few diet cokes a day. My heartburn is TOTALLY gone now that I am off the grains, which is a huge shock. My doctors always told me I needed a low fat diet because of my GERD. But now I'm eating 50% or more of my calories from fat and the heartburn is gone. Crazy. I'm almost happier about that than the weightloss. But I am happy about the loss. I am the one that posted that I only lose 1/2 to 1 pound a week no matter how hard I try. Well, I have lost 1 1/2 pounds this week. And that is with eating very well. Oh, and my milk supply is actually better than before, and the baby is sleeping better! Even though I have my period!!! (supply usually tanks for days during my period).

So thanks for those that encouraged me!

My heartburn is TOTALLY gone now that I am off the grains, which is a huge shock. My doctors always told me I needed a low fat diet because of my GERD. But now I'm eating 50% or more of my calories from fat and the heartburn is gone. Crazy. I'm almost happier about that than the weightloss. But I am happy about the loss.

Yes, I definitely think it's the carbs that cause the heartburn, and according to my gastro. DH, that's true. Although more than 2 Diet Cokes a day can start to be uncomfortable, no matter my diet.

Congratulations!

I had begun to despair, lol. But I gave up grains, and sugar, and have stuck to meats, eggs, greek yogurt, cream, fruits, and veggies. Oh, and almonds. Lots of iced green tea/herbal tea and I'm down to just a few diet cokes a day. My heartburn is TOTALLY gone now that I am off the grains, which is a huge shock. My doctors always told me I needed a low fat diet because of my GERD. But now I'm eating 50% or more of my calories from fat and the heartburn is gone. Crazy. I'm almost happier about that than the weightloss. But I am happy about the loss. I am the one that posted that I only lose 1/2 to 1 pound a week no matter how hard I try. Well, I have lost 1 1/2 pounds this week. And that is with eating very well. Oh, and my milk supply is actually better than before, and the baby is sleeping better! Even though I have my period!!! (supply usually tanks for days during my period).

So thanks for those that encouraged me!

Oh good for you!! I have just been reading all about this way of life. We are not doing away with grains (though I am not eating them at the moment) but I am learning better ways of assimilation. I just blogged about this kind of eating and where I learned about it here:

http://myblogcalledunderthesky.blogspot.com/ (The second one titled, "I can see clearly now") and these books are changing our lives. It is pretty exciting, isn't it?

Great job!!

Good for you!!

I had a similar experience. I had tried numerous things for many years to lose weight, to no avail. When I gave up grains and sugar, the weight dropped off me. I lost fifty pounds this past year--yes, 50. I ate as much as I wanted, with tons of fat, and still lost.

Stick with it--you will feel wonderful.