Menu

Ack - white hair now that won't take dye?

Talk to a professional colorist, if you want to continue to color. This is a common problem.

I'm in the embrace it camp! I, too, swore I'd never show my gray/white hair. I was 17 when they started showing up and I started the whole coloring process. Last year, I finally started to embrace it and stopped coloring my hair...my colorist wasn't happy. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I used the ladies over at Going Gray Looking Great for initial help with the whole process. http://goinggraylookinggreat.com/. I don't believe my picture is up in the gallery anymore because I haven't updated since I had my last little one in October.

It's been a year and I'm so happy to be done with the whole coloring thing...lots of saved money! It also doesn't look as bad as I expected. I like it now. Just so you know, I'll turn 41 in August, and the front third of my hair is about 98% white on both sides, the next third is a mixture of grey/white and the back is what's left of my natural color mixed with gray. My mom still colors and has no plans to stop.

I had grey hairs before I hit 20. Now I haven't even hit 40 yet and have long white hairs that won't take a pigment!!! What are my options?

What medications are you taking? Some medications affect how & what our hair can or can't do with color, perms, and the like.

Henna!

I use henna from lushusa.com once a month and I cannot believe how goegeous and strong my hair is. Once a month, it's hair day for me and I spend the day with a rich mask on my head. I used to spend a ton of money getting my hair colored but after my stylist's third move in a year, and all that itching from the dye - I gave the henna a try.

Lush's henna is delivered in cocoa butter and it just soaks into your hair. My grey hair used to be brittle but it's awesome now.

I honestly think it is worth embracing because having to continually dye your hair is a lot of time and money. I have some white hairs. This is me. Love me or go away. :D

:iagree:I noticed my first grey hair at 19 and have quite a few now in my early 30s. I don't have the time and the money to invest in the upkeep of coloring. So I embrace them. I even fend my mother off when she tries to pluck them.