Menu

Look! Look! Look! I've got my own avatar!!

I'm sooo excited! Thanks to Negin for helping me figure out how to do it!!! I am very illiterate and new at all the social networking/computer thing!

The funny thing about my avatar is that my name is lovelaughs_times_three (because I have 3 kids who make me laugh and give me love all the time) and the picture is showing 4 dogs! Oh well. I thought the picture was super cute and funny, and I LOVE Cavalier King Charles Spaniels! :D

So, am I an official hive member, or what!!!!???? (I feel like I belong now! ;))

*sigh* I guess I'll have to party by myself. :tongue_smilie:

That's OK!! I'm a great party guest!!!! Yay, Kimberly!!! Wow!!! What a cute and cool avatar! The best, really! So happy you have joined our wonderful group!! We are looking forward to seeing many of your interesting, wonderful comments with the cute dog avatar in the future!

:party:Party! Party!!!

:lol: Oh, Kimberly! You are so funny! You really do crack me up!! :lol:

(if anyone else reads this - no, I'm not crazy, but a bit bored. My husband took the kids for the night - sweet thing - and I'm finding myself wondering what to do with myself! ;))

*sigh* I guess I'll have to party by myself. :tongue_smilie:

That's OK!! I'm a great party guest!!!! Yay, Kimberly!!! Wow!!! What a cute and cool avatar! The best, really! So happy you have joined our wonderful group!! We are looking forward to seeing many of your interesting, wonderful comments with the cute dog avatar in the future!

:party:Party! Party!!!

:lol: Oh, Kimberly! You are so funny! You really do crack me up!! :lol:

(if anyone else reads this - no, I'm not crazy, but a bit bored. My husband took the kids for the night - sweet thing - and I'm finding myself wondering what to do with myself! ;))

:lol: Cute avatar. Now you do know that you can't change it, right? Otherwise I get all confused :D.

Congrats on the Avatar.

I'm ashamed to say I don't know how to get one myself. :blushing:

I didn't either! That's why I am so excited! Here's the link to the thread where I got the great advice on how to do it.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282507

Then I spent the day yahoo searching for images. I wasn't sure what I'd want. I finally thought about the fact that I have a dog that I LOVE and I also love the breed. So, I did a search on "Cavalier King Charles Spaniels". I clicked at the top of my Yahoo search page on the "images" tab. I found one I liked. Then I saved it to my computer.

I followed the directions in the link above. There was an option to "browse" images in my computer, and there it was!

It was actually VERY EASY! I'm just bad at giving directions and making things sound a lot harder than they are! Let me know when you get your avatar and we'll party together! :D

I would think knowing me in real life would keep me from seeming as weird! But then again, you do know me better....so maybe that means I am REALLY weird! :tongue_smilie:

The kids are in VBS this week from 9 - 12. If we did something, it would have to be in the afternoon. Is that what you had in mind?

I just looked at my calendar. I'm supposed to be getting together with my sister tomorrow, but she's had sick kids. :ack2: So, who knows! We're free Wed.

So-do you like my cute puppies or not???? :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Cute puppies. I was super excited when I got my own Avatar too. But, now I really want to change my name to MamaBear. I'm not sure if I can do that. Does anyone know??

From the FAQ:

Choose your Username Carefully

If we respond to username change requests, we do so at a snail's pace. Don't be surprised if it takes more than 6 months, if at all. We strongly suggest you do not include your location or the number of children you have in your username as those things tend to change.

Also, there's already a MamaBear (and a couple of variations) :).

I'm sooo excited! Thanks to Negin for helping me figure out how to do it!!! I am very illiterate and new at all the social networking/computer thing!

The funny thing about my avatar is that my name is lovelaughs_times_three (because I have 3 kids who make me laugh and give me love all the time) and the picture is showing 4 dogs! Oh well. I thought the picture was super cute and funny, and I LOVE Cavalier King Charles Spaniels! :D

So, am I an official hive member, or what!!!!???? (I feel like I belong now! ;))

I noticed it immediately! We have two Cavaliers.;) Love it!

Ok, so I tried to get one, and found a pic online that I like. However, I can't seem to get it to work. When I try to link to the web address, it says it's invalid or something. What am I doing wrong? :confused: I want to be one of the cool people too! :D

:lurk5: bump for someone smarter than me to help you! :D

Did you try saving the picture on to your computer? That's how I did mine, and I'm not good at these things. I think there was just a tab at the top of my computer (or I right-clicked when my "prompter?" was on the picture) and I hit "save". Then, later, when I was in the hive's edit avatar, I pressed "browse" and found the picture saved in "pictures" in my computer.

Also, there's already a MamaBear (and a couple of variations) :).

Oh poo! :tongue_smilie:

Ok, so I tried to get one, and found a pic online that I like. However, I can't seem to get it to work. When I try to link to the web address, it says it's invalid or something. What am I doing wrong? :confused: I want to be one of the cool people too! :D

Melissa, can you walk us through what you tried to do so we can figure out why it's not working?? We'd love for you to have your own avatar too.