Menu

Hulu Plus - Worth the money if you have Netflix?

For us it's not. The good thing about Hulu Plus isn't the movies, it's the fact that it usually has full seasons of shows and that you can stream through an internet capable device to your tv or the device itself (Wiis, Roku Players, iPods, etc.). My family has PlayOn, so we are able to stream anyways, and we watch our shows before they expire, so the whole season thing isn't an issue. If either of those things are desireable, then it is worth it. For us, I'd just as soon watch a Netflix movie.

We trialed it but it wasn't for us. We found some content worthwhile but for some reason ha, d streaming issues w/ HULU. We could have things play fine and well on Netflix and then immediately go to HULU and it would be horribly spotty, stopping and starting. Plus, all the commercials are annoying I don't want to pay for something and watch commercials.

Yes, it is for me.

We are ditching Directv with DVRs. I LOVE my DVR and will really miss it as I hate planning my schedule around my TV shows (I won't do it I should say), so HuluPlus will somewhat replace that.....I can watch TV shows on my own time through Roku.

Dawn

For me, it is. Hulu Plus is good for current seasons of TV shows. (Usually past seasons are available as well, but most of those are available on Netflix anyway.) I don't have cable, so that's how I watch TV. And I really pay for Hulu Plus because I like to be able to watch on my iPhone/iPad.

I will be getting Hulu Plus as soon as our Panasonic blu ray players work with it (it says later this year). Then we can cancel cable and just use Hulu Plus for current programs and Netflix for all the movies, documentaries, and such that we watch (plus getting one dvd per week approximately).