Menu

Camping.... I just can't think!

Broom and dust pan

Flashlights

Cooking equipment

Cooler

Love having indoor/outdoor carpet right outside the tent door

Canopy (not necessary, but nice)

We bring gallons of water instead of bottles and have the kids fill up their water bottles from that -- cheaper and less waste/mess.

Flyswatter

Hum -- I'll let you know if more come to my head.

Here's the checklist I have for camping. Keep in mind we go with two little kids.

These are the things we pack new every year but we also have dishes, pots/pans, garbage bags, etc. that are permanent and stay packed for camping.

toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, toothbrushes/toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner, bodywash, baby shampoo, firewood, Tea, Coffee, Sugar, Feminine products, quarters (for showers), swim diapers, sewing kit, plastic wrap, Aluminum foil, plastic baggies, Febreeze, Bug Spray, Sunscreen, First Aid Kit (see list below), cleaning spray, sponge/dishsoap, garbage bag

Toys/SuppliesL: potty chair, bikes/helmets, books, Camera, life jackets, coloring books/crayons, bubbles, glowsticks

Clothes/Beddingpillows, jackets/sweatshirts, washcloths, towels, hats/sunglasses, Chairs, shower sandels, medications, Sheets for camping foam

First Aid Kit: bandaids, neosporin, advil, sudafed, children's tylenol, gauze, tape, anti-itch cream, sunburn gel, safety pins, ace bandage, ice pack, antiseptic spray, tweezers, Tums, thermometer, small scissors, saline eye drops, benedryl

Edited by dottieanna29
trying to get it to look normal

Hopefully, I'm not repeating anything here. I did read the previous posts but my memory stinks.

Depending on where you're camping, you might bring firewood. Some places don't want you to collect it from the grounds and sell wood at top dollar.

"overnight" essentials like clothes, toiletries, pillows/sleeping bags.

Ear plugs might be a good thing for sleeping. Campgrounds can be noisy.

A plastic bin to use as a sink for washing up. My dad used to have one of those plastic water jugs with the turn spout lid and he would set it on a pic-nic table bench over our bin and we'd use it like a sink. I hope that makes sense.

An emergency kit - different from a first aid kit - with things like Mylar blankets, a whistle, a mirror, waterproof matches and firestarter (we use cotton balls with Vaseline on them kept in a ziplock bag), pocket knife. The likelihood of needing this is slim unless you plan on backpacking anywhere. If you go hiking, tho, definitely take it with you.

Trail maps if you're going hiking. Also, some places have "scavenger hunt" trails. I've done one here in the Smokeys and it made a beautiful hike fun and educational for the kids.

A camp table is nice if you're going somewhere without picnic tables. Also a camp stove and fuel.

Some places require camp/hiking/back country permits so check with your ranger's office. Also, ask about storing your food while you're away from the campsite. If there are bears, the rangers may have suggestions for you.

Man!!! Now I want to go camping!! If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

I will copy and paste my camping list below. I'm sure there will be a lot of overlap with others, but maybe the combination of all these lists will turn out to be The Ultimate Camping Checklist EVER! :001_smile: This is for tent camping. We have a separate list for pop-up camping, but the two lists are very similar.

Tent/under-tent tarp & extra tent stakes

Hammer

Air mattress

Twin sheets

Sleeping bags

Butane stick lighters

Tent light

Blue sleep pads

Air mattress Pump

Water bottles

Squeeze breeze fan

Lanterns

Puzzles/crayons/books/playing cards/games, etc.

Flashlights

Matches

Fire toaster

Extra blanket

Duct tape

Camp chairs

Coffee maker

dish drainer

Sewing kit

Bug spray

Sunscreen

Ziplock bags

Grocery bags

Extra shoes

Extra socks

Sandals

Batteries

Radio

CD player/ipods

Marshmallow toasters

Scissors

Clothesline

Clothespins

Plastic tablecloth/clamps

Basin

Sponge(s)/Handiwipes/dish clothes/dish towels

Dish detergent

Fishing gear

Camp stove (incl. Attachment)

Propane

Cooking utensils

Cookware

Mini broom and dustpan

Trash bags

Kleenex

Paper towels

Bath towels/hand towels

Soap/shampoo

hand sanitizer

Reading material for Mom and Dad

Camera/video cam

dog food/bowls/leash/tie out

First aid kit (Neosporin, Bandaids, anti-itch cream, etc.)

prescriptions

water shoes for shower