Menu

I am watching Gladiator, again

and can I just say that this movie is da bomb, dawg? Russell Crowe, Joaquim Phoenix and Djimon Hounsou.:001_wub:

And one of the all time greatest lines from a movie, "At my signal, unleash hell." My kids say this to one another in the morning right before we begin school.:smilielol5:

You mean...they don't??:lol: What am I doing wrong?

Whatever you're doing, I must be doing it too! My kids jump from their beds ready to unleash their terrors on my home... and each other. :boxing_smiley:

:glare:

Fortunately, dh has taken the breakfast shift over so I can ease myself into their whirlwind in the morning. :001_huh:

Jami

Joachin have a fantastic, creepy performance in this film.

...that Joaquin Phoenix is a genius actor, because I've seen him in an interview and he was just flaky, lol. Like, a total surfer boy, you know?

Dh (who in his younger days, was built like Maximus, and still looks eerily similar to Russell Crowe in many ways) likes to say, "What we do in life, echoes in eternity!"

I like to say..."Are you not entertained?!?" :001_smile:

of seeing "PARTS" of that movie. I don't care to see it!!

Dh LOVES, LOVES, LOVES that movie.

I am not joking at how many times he has watched it!

I will get up and walk out of the room every time it comes on.

Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Pirates of Caribbean...never finished watching those either..these are on dh's favorite list as well.

...that Joaquin Phoenix is a genius actor, because I've seen him in an interview and he was just flaky, lol. Like, a total surfer boy, you know?

Dh (who in his younger days, was built like Maximus, and still looks eerily similar to Russell Crowe in many ways) likes to say, "What we do in life, echoes in eternity!"

I like to say..."Are you not entertained?!?" :001_smile:

:lol: AM I NOT MERCIFUL???

Whew.

My face just got hot, better turn the fan on. :lol:

I am really :lol:!!

Have you seen American Gangster? When we saw the coming attractions for it, my husband rolled his eyes and said, "I guess we'll be seeing that. Russell and Denzel, you're favorites." And he knows me so well, because they are.

My brother looks like Russell Crowe, he is adorable! This picture is a few years old, but he is still too cute. (I adore my little bro, just in case that isn't obvious;))

Is Gladiator appropriate for ds9 and ds12?

Well, there is alot of fighting in it but my son who is almost 11 has seen worse. There is a scene or two that involves Joaquin's character and his sister. He is in love her and she's terrified of him. Nothing much happens and they don't show much but the inc*st angle may make some uncomfortable.

That said-I love this movie and doubt that my son would pick up on the brother/sister thing.

AM I NOT MERCIFUL!? This is a very useful quote when I don't feel like being too harsh to my dc :001_smile:

This is my dh's favorite movie...I can't tell you how many times he's seen it. Anyway he loves the quote about our actions echoing into eternity.

I am really :lol:!!

Have you seen American Gangster? When we saw the coming attractions for it, my husband rolled his eyes and said, "I guess we'll be seeing that. Russell and Denzel, you're favorites." And he knows me so well, because they are.

My brother looks like Russell Crowe, he is adorable! This picture is a few years old, but he is still too cute. (I adore my little bro, just in case that isn't obvious;))

You are blessed with a very cute brother! I do see the resemblance to R.C. My uncle looks like an older Russell Crowe, LOL.

I'll add American Gangster to my Netflix queue, thanks for the heads up. I have not kept up with movies at all since moving out to the middle of nowhere-ville.

I'll stop here before I embarrass myself with further comments about Russell Crowe and what he seems to do to me! :D

You are blessed with a very cute brother! I do see the resemblance to R.C. My uncle looks like an older Russell Crowe, LOL.

I'll add American Gangster to my Netflix queue, thanks for the heads up. I have not kept up with movies at all since moving out to the middle of nowhere-ville.

I'll stop here before I embarrass myself with further comments about Russell Crowe and what he seems to do to me! :D

Just be warned, there is a lot of cursing. The hot men make up for it though.:smilielol5: