Menu

Female Problem Question... HELP!

Well, I thought with Hive's collective knowledge and experience you might be able to help me out.

I have had a re-occuring yeast infection in the nether regions since Thanksgiving. My dr has treated it with strong meds, creams (nystatain included), over the counter stuff. It will not die!!!!

I do not eat loads of sugar of any type, no soda, hardly any fruit or bread. I am sensitive to dairy so I avoid that, as well. I changed my laundry soap and shower soap as did my dh. (sorry, but sometimes it is them.) I took probiotics. We use Charmin T.P.. Maybe too much info but just trying to cover my bases here.

I am at my wit's end. Am I going to have this forever? If anyone has a suggestion I am all ears. :bigear::bigear::bigear:

I am assuming your DH was treated as well? Males and females can pass yeast infections back and forth and a male yeast infection can go undetected.

:iagree:

Yes, your husband needs to see a doc as well, and I would stop having TeA until it's cleared up.

The last time I had a yeast infection was years ago, and my doctor treated it with Diflucan--it cleared up right away.

:grouphug: I know what you are going thru.

I know that I always post this on "health" posts, but I really believe that health begins in the gut!

Do you take really good quality probiotics? The best kind of probiotic to take is from fermented veggies or cultured dairy like plain yogurt, kefir, etc. Get your hubby on probiotics as well!

I suffered from chronic yeast infections for a few years. It was TERRIBLE. I had to overhaul my diet. I took out ALL refined flours and sugars. I also started some major probiotic therapy.

I had this problem. I've never been so sick in my life.

You need to do the Candida Diet for a minimum of six months.Yes, it takes that long. Then when you're at the six-month mark, you can try adding things back in one at a time.

Your husband needs to be treated also.

No "relations" AT ALL for at least a month, possibly two, until you are certain that both of you are clear.

Continue also with Diflucan and topical treatment concurrently with the above. Make sure your dr checks for bacterial infection as well, as the two can coexist.

Take probiotics, and also try taking 2T apple cider vinegar once or twice per day. All other forms of vinegar are forbidden on the Candida Diet.

Do not try one thing, then another. Do all of the above, all at the same time. Do not give up on the diet until you know you have been healthy a minimum of six months in a row.

You will feel AWFUL before you feel better. Keep pressing on with the regimen I have outlined--if you do so, after about 4-6 weeks you should feel way, way better, and more energy. For me, I felt better at 3 weeks, and then at two months, I felt incredibly good.

Some people struggle with this chronically. However, there's a good chance that you'll be okay if you do all of the above, scrupulously.

I know it's rough--but I promise, after a month or two on this regimen, you will feel much better.

Are you on the pill? I'm convinced my frequent yeast infections were linked to BCP use. I got them every 6 months even a few years after I stopped using BCP. For me Diflucan didn't work, but fortunately Monistat cream did. Only the 7-day cream, though. The other varieties never worked for me.

I hope you get well soon!

This happened before right before and early during my last pregnancy. It went on for a year before i switched docs and my now current one treated me for yeast AND bacteria. I will give him a call tomorrow.

1. dh was not treated.

2. Diflucan (2x) did not affect neither did all varieties of Monistat or anything else

3. I have been taking probiotics from my naturopath so I assume they are the good kind.

4. Where do I find out more about the candia diet? I have a hunch my kids are also yeast filled.

5. I am not nursing or on 'The Pill'. I do have an IUD (not copper) but my doc says if it was a reaction to that it would have shown up when he put it in 2 yrs ago.

6. How does one treat male yeast infections?

7. My doc checked me for bacteria. Not it.

Edited by Guest

Has your doctor actually tested you? I had this problem really bad over and over again and it's turned out to be a UTI.

I thought it was yeast because it was burning and itchy, but no severe pain or blood like I normally get it UTIs. So I treated it again and again and again.

It took two rounds of antibiotics to clear it up once I finally asked a doctor what was wrong. But boy am I glad that's over!

Edited by Sputterduck

This happened before right before and early during my last pregnancy. It went on for a year before i switched docs and my now current one treated me for yeast AND bacteria. I will give him a call tomorrow.

1. dh was not treated.

2. Diflucan (2x) did not affect neither did all varieties of Monistat or anything else I took several rounds of Diflucan and a prescription topical cream concurrently in addition to the full regimen I outlined. It still took nearly a month to clear it.

3. I have been taking probiotics from my naturopath so I assume they are the good kind.

4. Where do I find out more about the candia diet? I have a hunch my kids are also yeast filled. Link below

5. I am not nursing or on 'The Pill'. I do have an IUD (not copper) but my doc says if it was a reaction to that it would have shown up when he put it in 2 yrs ago.

6. How does one treat male yeast infections? With teh same topical creams ladies' use--he should smear it on the area, and especially under the foreskin. (Sorry for TMI.)

7. My doc checked me for bacteria. Not it.Was this by lab test? You might consider another one.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/

Thank you for the web site. i just googled candia diet and came up with a ton of sites who all seem to say different things.

When I was sickest with this, I found the amount of weird information out there was quite overwhelming. I settled with this website specifically because much of their recommendations were in line with what my dr recommended.

For me it came down to this: eating mostly meat and vegetables for about two months, and then adding in some "phase two" foods from the lists on the website. When I was sickest I did also take probiotics and the apple cider vinegar. Once I was feeling better I stopped the apple cider vinegar because it tasted so nasty.

There are a lot of other, "weird" recommendations out there for special pills and concoctions--I felt that those were uncharted territory and was pretty leery of them. For me the combination of traditional meds with strict adherence to the diet did the trick.

A word to the wise--you will need to increase your fat intake on this diet. I didn't realize this at first, and found myself shaky and with "panicky" hunger feelings a lot. When I added in a LOT more avocado and butter, I felt much better. Also don't worry about portion control--eat as much as you want, but stick to the diet. The lack of carbs will cause any excess weight to fall off (I lost 50 pounds over the months that I did this).

Oh my, I just thought of something. A friend had what she thought was an ongoing yeast infection. It wasn't. She was constantly at the gyn trying to figure out what was wrong. This went on for months. Turns out it was interstitial cystitis. She got better after she completely changed her diet. I think she cut out a lot of meats; she ate mostly fruits and veggies and just a little bit of food at a time. At first she said she was always hungry and she did end up losing a bunch of weight (and she was already thin to begin with), but it significantly reduced her symptoms.

Maybe?

without reading the other responses.. have you been tested for Canadid Yeast?

You may need to go on a really strict diet that would eliminate many foods that could be causing you problems. Yeast can be found in all sorts of food and it could be an excess build up of yeast.

If you googled Canadid Yeast Diet you'd find plenty of info. :)