Menu

whole foods is being evil again

I was running errands with youngest and promised him a treat (cookie) when we stopped at Whole Foods, because I knew he was tired and he was being a trooper with me. So, they are out of cookies for the day (6pm) in the bakery, they still have some muffins, danishes and something new...filled donuts. Some filled with jelly, but I got chocolate filled for ds. You know what it was filled with not chocolate cream or pudding. It was filled with a lot of nutella like chocolate spread. (They don't sell nutella brand because it contain vanillin, an artificial flavor, but they do sell organic nutella like spreads).

This should be illegal: a donut filled with nutella.

I already can't go to the humogous Whole Foods across town: it's a got a gelato bar inside the store. I thought that should be illegal too.

I'm going to this store to get healthy stuff and they put stuff like this out next to the stuff I need. It's just mean.

Unless you could taste the hazelnuts, it might have been ganache... a very thick (and good) ganache is standard in WF chocolate filled pastries around here. Too sweet for me to have more than a bite, but DH likes it.

And... where do you live? We take road trips just to go to Whole Foods (yes, I'm that big of a geek). DH wants to go up to Omaha in a few weeks b/c he hears the one up there is better than the ones in Kansas City. I would bet he'd travel for that one. ;)

Kind of like the whole carrot-cake-as-a-vegetable theory...
:toetap05:

That is NOT a theory!! :001_huh: You take that back RIGHTTHISINSTANT!!!

And I second the PP who stated that hazelnuts and chocolate have a bunch of good things to do in your body and must be consumed for the very health of you and your family.