Menu

Is Amazon Prime Worth the Money?

We have Prime and I super-puffy-heart love it. ;)

I am a super organizing freakazoid.

I plan out my purchases at least a month ahead of when we'll need them for school.

That being said, I have had purchases not show up for 4-6 weeks with the Super Saver Shipping option. It royally irritates me when that happens. We're in Utah and it always takes two weeks at least to get anything with the $25 Free Shipping option.

So we have Prime. And I am very happy about it.

Here's their Amazon Mom Prime page. At first I thought I'd end up getting only the first two months free, as I don't buy baby diapers anymore. But you'd be surprised how many homeschooling-related items there are available that I purchased to make the rest of the year free.

:bigear: Does anyone have anything to add about this?

I looked through the Baby Store, where you have to shop to get the free months, and I only see Baby items. Are there more purchases that qualify?

:bigear: Does anyone have anything to add about this?

I looked through the Baby Store, where you have to shop to get the free months, and I only see Baby items. Are there more purchases that qualify?

It really is a mystery. I have Mom Amazon Prime but I never buy baby items since, well, I don't even have babies. Maybe because I make good use of that Prime membership that they continue to allow me to have it. Whatever the reason, I sure am glad to have it. On the con side it makes the impulse buy that much easier to indulge.

• 2 weeks later...

Love, love, love it!!!!!!!! My sister and I shared the account and my husband used it quite a lot too. Among the 3 of us, we definitely use way over the $79 in a short time. My sister and I buy gifts throughout the year so the free 2-day shipping comes in handy when there is a good bargain :0)

Julia

I thought you could only earn up to a year free on Amazon Mom? That's what I'm using right now. I was earning months buying diapers, but my youngest just potty trained this week (hooray!!). I just ordered some laundry soap that qualified toward another free month. I had to buy two boxes to meet the minimum, but I tend to keep an extra one or two of stuff like that anyway for emergency storage.

I'm pretty sure I'll pay the $79 when my freebie runs out. It's so convenient to have something here within two days. I think I must live fairly close to an Amazon distribution, because I frequently order things on the 2-day free shipping and have them show up the next day. Which, of course, I love!