Menu

Do your children improvise song lyrics?

I'm hoping this thread might generate some smiles. What are some of the funniest renditions your children have made to songs?

My 2 yo sings "My Bonny Lies over the Ocean" and when she gets to the chorus, she sings:

Bring back, bring back, bring back my body to me, to me.

For some reason, all I can picture is a head without a body singing the song!

My ds who just turned 2 has a fairly extensive vocabulary for his age and has great articulation skills. His speech is very clear and understandable, even to complete strangers. He recently learned the song and lyrics to "Happy Birthday"

He also still nurses to sleep for his naps. He calls this "Nappie Nursie" and will often come take my hand and take me upstairs when it's Nappie Nursie time.

Well, lately, on our walk up the stairs he's been singing:

"Nappy Nursie to me, Nappie Nursie to me! Nappie Nursie Nappy Nursie...."

all to the tune of Happy Birthday. It just melts my heart!! And he's really good at holding the tune!

My ds who just turned 2 has a fairly extensive vocabulary for his age and has great articulation skills. His speech is very clear and understandable, even to complete strangers. He recently learned the song and lyrics to "Happy Birthday"

He also still nurses to sleep for his naps. He calls this "Nappie Nursie" and will often come take my hand and take me upstairs when it's Nappie Nursie time.

Well, lately, on our walk up the stairs he's been singing:

"Nappy Nursie to me, Nappie Nursie to me! Nappie Nursie Nappy Nursie...."

all to the tune of Happy Birthday. It just melts my heart!! And he's really good at holding the tune!

How sweet! It melted my heart, and it's not even my kid!

Both DH and my oldest can extemporize their own lyrics. My almost 4 yo just sings whatever she wants, oblivious to all else... rather in the manner bards of old would spin their yarns.

Not actually a song, but..."This little piggy went to Target...!" (as my then 18mo would say it--of course, she'd been to Target many times so that must be where the pig was going!)

I'm sure there are more. I'll be trying to remember them all day. Mine are all older now (19, 17, 14, and 10). It's been a long time since I've heard them sing those sweet songs.

Guest Virginia Dawn

My just turned 4yo has been singing: "She ain't coming round the mountain when she comes, she ain't coming round the mountain when she comes, she ain't coming, she ain't coming, she ain't coming round the mountain when she comes." I have no idea why.

...but I recenty discovered that to the Beatles tune, "Can't Buy Me Love", my youngest was singing "Can't Bobby Love!" :D

From my own childhood, there was that infamous Springsteen "douche in the night" from Blinded By the Light. Boy was that a tricky one! :lol:

...but I recenty discovered that to the Beatles tune, "Can't Buy Me Love", my youngest was singing "Can't Bobby Love!" :D

From my own childhood, there was that infamous Springsteen "douche in the night" from Blinded By the Light. Boy was that a tricky one! :lol:

Yeah, I had to look that one up. :D

When my dd was 2 she changed the Bobby Sherman song "Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me?" to:

Mommy, Mommy, Mommy will you feed me?

Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, I need food...

While standing in front of the pantry.

Guest Virginia Dawn

[quote name=Doran;226155

From my own childhood' date=' there was that infamous Springsteen "douche in the night" from Blinded By the Light. Boy was that a tricky one! :lol:

That one always confused me too. That and Jimmy Buffet who couldn't find his "lost sugar sauce." :D

[quote name=Doran;226155

From my own childhood' date=' there was that infamous Springsteen "douche in the night" from Blinded By the Light. Boy was that a tricky one! :lol:

I can't stop laughing, I thought the song said something similar as a child, "wrapped up like a do-sher" (how I would have spelled it as a child). I sang it like that anyways.

I'm hoping this thread might generate some smiles. What are some of the funniest renditions your children have made to songs?

My 2 yo sings "My Bonny Lies over the Ocean" and when she gets to the chorus, she sings:

I use to sing it this way:

My body lies over the ocean, my body lies over the sea, my body lies over the ocean....... so bring back my body to me.....

****Oh you were asking about my children??? :tongue_smilie:

My dd3 butchers so many songs......

i can't think of any right now....

When dd was little, she would sing the Lion King song, Hakuna Matatta this way:

"It's all problem free *and lots of peas*

:lol:

Lisa