Menu

Need advice fast for a friend

Does anybody know of LEGITIMATE at home job opportunities in Kentucky? I have a friend, who is facing a HORRIBLE situation (I mean absolutely horrible) situation right now and needs a way to make money fast and long term.

Also, are there any agencies to help families find housing that are about to be homeless? They live in the Greensburg Kentucky area. (she is a homeschooler) Also, if you could pray for this family it is very much needed. There are some health issues going on (that is contributing to the financial situation) and the financial situation is contributing to the need for a home after June 1.

Edited by wy_kid_wrangler04

For emergency housing assistance you could try the Salvation Army. They helped us to get our rent paid once when we suffered a loss of income during Hurricane season.

Also have your friend contact her county's Public Housing. Some of them have emergency housing facilities, or know of an organization that does.

Ok I will tell her about the Salvation Army. I thought they only helped during disasters not just for any reason.

And I will have her call the shelters in her area and see what recommendations they have!

County housing-- I am going to sound really dumb but is that the same as the welfare office?? Or is it like the subsidized housing? :confused:

Thank you, you guys are awesome! Keep them coming. She said they have til the end of the month, as of June 1 they are out. I can not even imagine the stress associated with that!

Try the closest chapter of the United Way that could put her in touch with local services that could help her. I don't know if the closest one has a helplink number or not.

Also, she could try her closest Catholic church and their St. Vincent Depaul Society might be able to help or point her in the right direction.

Tell her to apply for food stamps and medicaid at least for the children right away. It takes several weeks to get the process going. We'll pray for her and her family. If she qualifies for food stamps, the money that would otherwise go for food can be used for housing and utilities. In our area, the Salvation Army will help with utilities once only but once is still helpful. There should be food banks in her area that can help. Does she have a church family that could help?

Ann

Transcription pays relatively well, but she'd need a computer, internet access and a foot pedal. If she's a fast typist with a good grasp of grammar, she should look into it. Perhaps something like Modest Needs could help her get a foot pedal?

OK, other FAST cash options...

Go pick up cans and other metal to sell.

I had a friend who sold her sofa to make rent one month.

How old are her kids? Is there one who is old enough to watch the others while she does temp work?

I'm sorry for her situation. That really stinks :(

Transcription pays relatively well, but she'd need a computer, internet access and a foot pedal. If she's a fast typist with a good grasp of grammar, she should look into it. Perhaps something like Modest Needs could help her get a foot pedal?

OK, other FAST cash options...

Go pick up cans and other metal to sell.

I had a friend who sold her sofa to make rent one month.

How old are her kids? Is there one who is old enough to watch the others while she does temp work?

I'm sorry for her situation. That really stinks :(

The oldest is only 8 so she is not old enough. I know cans are returnable in Michigan (where we are origionally from) but not here in Wyoming. What about in Kentucky?? Are they worth money there?

She is in a scary situation. In my experience, good work at home opportunities are hard to come by. I did contract work at home for a group of consultants for several years but I knew the senior consultant from a previous position. If she has excellent office skills, she could set up a business as a virtual office assistant. There's an organization that has tips on getting started but I can't find the link tonight. Would tutoring or in-home child care be a possibility assuming her house situation stabilizes?

Ann