Menu

How do you be happy for someone when they are doing what you wanted to do?

I want to be a manicurist. I want to put on acrylics and do all the fancy decorating, glitter, flowers, 3D effects, patterns and well all of it. I have wanted to for a long time.

Well my sister has been posting all sorts of stuff about nails and acrylics she is getting and how she will be going to manicurist school after she moves.

How can I show enthusiasm when I am, well, pretty much jealous? Jealousy is bad. But I really want to do it but I can't because I want to homeschool more. That should be enough right?

I keep telling myself I can go to school in a couple years. When my ds9 is a little older and more independent and my ds2 is a little older and dd13 can help with his schooling (at least for the short time I would be in school, it is only one 12 week course).

Even now I pine to go get my nails done since I can't do them myself, but I also don't want to spend the money on getting them done.

I am a contradiction in terms aren't I!?

Maybe I just need to whine a little.

Find out everything about it from her, all the inside scoop and tips, and use those to make your own plans. Your time will come. :grouphug:

Can doing nails be an evening-only job ? That might fit in really well with homeschooling down the line when you can manage to get the school done for yourself.

Put it on your ten-year-plan.

My sister started going to college P/T years ago and I was always thinking, "Man, I want to do that, too! But my time, energy and money is 100% spoken for! WAAAAHHHH!:D" Well, now it is "later" and I'm going to college P/T.

Although there are still moments I think, "BooHoo, she's going to finish soon and I'm still eons away!" :tongue_smilie: Seriously, though, life has seasons and sometimes we just have to wait on XYZ until UVW are finished or at a more self-sufficient point.