Menu

My little sicklet gags on children's tylenol/ibuprofin

You can also use water in a spray bottle with a drop or 2 of peppermint oil. That is supposed to help cool the body.

I might just leave the fever alone... the little one's body is trying to work something out. Keep him hydrated. :001_smile:

I must live in a cave, because I had no idea there were chewables. This board is the best!!! :party:Thanks guys!

Yeah, they are marketed to ages 6 and up. Just look on the back and figure out the dose by weight. 1/2 a tablet is probably what he needs for age 3.

Barb

I do like to let the fever do its work, but since he's so miserable I want to give him some relief. Just sent an email to dh, and he's going to swing by Walgreens for me. I want to do the chewables, but I'm curious about the suppositories. Are those over the counter as well?

Edited by Mamabegood
oh no, I think I killed a kitten!

I do like to let the fever do it's work, but since he's so miserable I want to give him some relief. Just sent an email to dh, and he's going to swing by Walgreens for me. I want to do the chewables, but I'm curious about the suppositories. Are those over the counter as well?

Tylenol also makes a quick dissolve tablet for little ones. :)

I do like to let the fever do its work, but since he's so miserable I want to give him some relief. Just sent an email to dh, and he's going to swing by Walgreens for me. I want to do the chewables, but I'm curious about the suppositories. Are those over the counter as well?

FeverAll is the brand name for the acetaminophen suppository that I've bought. Yes, it's OTC. When I got it, it came in a red box.

It is OTC, but at our pharmacy they keep them behind the counter. You have to ask the pharmacist for them. We used them for DD1 a little over a year ago when she had a really sore throat and wouldn't eat or drink anything. It really upset her, and she still remembers it to this day. :( It helped, though and kept her out of the ER.

I hope your little one feels better soon!

It is OTC, but at our pharmacy they keep them behind the counter. You have to ask the pharmacist for them. We used them for DD1 a little over a year ago when she had a really sore throat and wouldn't eat or drink anything. It really upset her, and she still remembers it to this day. :( It helped, though and kept her out of the ER.

I hope your little one feels better soon!

Yes, I'm afraid this would be the final indignity for the poor boy. :lol: It's good to know there's an option when nothing else will work.