Menu

Trader Joe's

:party:I'm at ours at least twice a week. I love that I can pick anything off the shelves and know that it doesn't have artificial colors. I love the prepared foods because even though they are quick, I don't feel bad about feeding them to my kids. In fact, we had the gyoza potstickers for dinner with brown rice tonight.

Lucky you!! The nearest one to us will be KC, which is still about 2 1/2 hours away. We go there at least once a month to hit Half Price Books and Whole Foods anyway, though. I've really got to move back to a city...

WHAT???? That is FABULOUS! Please, oh please, let one be close to Fort Worth!!!!

That's what I was going to say. As it is, there are no Whole Foods in Ft Worth, there's one in Arlington and a ton in Dallas.

Will I like Trader Joe's better than Whole Foods? I love WF but it's expensive. Is TJ's any less expensive?

Will I like Trader Joe's better than Whole Foods? I love WF but it's expensive. Is TJ's any less expensive?

TJs is better than WF in the sense that it is cheaper. However, it is MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller and doesn't carry as much local produce as WF would. They do carry a lot of nice products though! Great selection of cheeses, meats, eggs, and some good dairy options. Prices on Organic items are VERY affordable. Coffee, Kerrygold butter, and uncured bacon are priced quite well also! I love TJs!!

That's what I was going to say. As it is, there are no Whole Foods in Ft Worth, there's one in Arlington and a ton in Dallas.

I think TJ's is slightly less expensive, but it's also much smaller. When I lived in a city with both, I would go to TJ's first, to get better deals, and then to WF to get everything else I needed.

Ours is opening mid June. WAHOO! It is a five minute drive from me, across the street from my normal grocery.

I do feel badly for the one other natural foods store as I'm afraid that it will go out of business pretty quickly. There is no way for it to compete pricewise.

ETA: I've never even been inside a TJ's. I'm going to be like those women on that old commerical, tapping on the glass and chanting "open, open, open"

TJs is better than WF in the sense that it is cheaper. However, it is MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller and doesn't carry as much local produce as WF would. They do carry a lot of nice products though! Great selection of cheeses, meats, eggs, and some good dairy options. Prices on Organic items are VERY affordable. Coffee, Kerrygold butter, and uncured bacon are priced quite well also! I love TJs!!

I think TJ's is slightly less expensive, but it's also much smaller. When I lived in a city with both, I would go to TJ's first, to get better deals, and then to WF to get everything else I needed.

Great! Sounds like it might save us some money. I go to Central Market right now for organic dairy, because it's closer to me, and it's pretty spendy.

Oh, very cool. I loved the gourmet stuff, but I loved the inexpensive staples even more. And they have a big vitamin section, and cheap emergen-C. I used to lug a huge cooler and several bags out of that store every month, before we moved to No-Joe's-Land. You would think there'd at least be one in Syracuse or Albany.

Oh,color me jealous!

I swear, the ONLY reason my dd likes to visit her grandparent is Trader Joe's. She will say, upon returning home - "goodbye Joe! Hello crappy grocery market!"

She loves that at TJ anything she picks out will be dye and HFCS free. And so do I.