Menu

An Italics question

mo2

Startwrite has the font and lets you do whatever copywork you want, with a variety of options. You can get it for $29.95 if you order over the phone using the HSBC code.

Thank you! I've been wanting to order this. :)

BTW, there is another option but it's also workbooks - Character Italics. I know, I know, ANOTHER workbook. But I'm really lovin' it! ;)

I used the first book for my son--I think the pictures and format helped interest him--but since then I've been making my own. I write in a GD style anyway and have pretty neat handwriting, so I just take a few minutes before our lesson and make him up a copywork sheet. I think for me this takes less time and effort than printing on the computer does, and it also enables me to tailor the sheets to what he needs to be working on, what he's interested in at the moment, etc. I wouldn't swear that I'll keep doing this all through his copywork career, but we're both pretty happy with it for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...

The italicized cursive is very pretty, I saw it also when we visited a Classical Christian school in Oregon, all the kindergarteners were being taught that instead of regular "ugly" cursive...however I don't know that Penny Gardner's writing is the one I like, she has a strange 2 stroke method of writing letter "e" that seems strange and easy to misform for a child, IMHO. I'm going to call that Oregon school to find out what method they used...

I agree about the letter "e" so I am just going to teach the one stroke letter "e" that Getty-Dubay teaches. You can see the way Getty-Dubay teaches their letters through the sample pages at Christian Book Distributors. I think the rest of the letters are the same, though.

I agree about the letter "e" so I am just going to teach the one stroke letter "e" that Getty-Dubay teaches. You can see the way Getty-Dubay teaches their letters through the sample pages at Christian Book Distributors. I think the rest of the letters are the same, though.

Yeah, GDI teaches the one-stroke 'e', but also shows the 2-stroke version if you want to use it. Seems like it'd be easy enough to adjust that one letter if the rest are the same.