Menu

Using dd or ds with a number...

I always use this to represent the age(s) of my child(ren) -- dd7 and ds2. But I keep seeing posts use it to represent the placement in the family. Never thought of it before, but that makes sense too. What do you do? No one right answer but interested to know what's most used.

Thanks!

Nikki

I like to use ages because it helps when I'm asking homeschooling questions to get a more appropriate/helpful response. (People who number their kids can always give the age, if needed, but sometimes they forget. :) ) I also figure that people don't care about my kids' birth order... lol

I list my children by age in chronilogical order in my siggy. When talking about them I refer to the _______ yr. old if I am only speaking of one or two. If I am talking about how I handled something that happened to all of them (say birth), I refer to their number as in dd #1. I always try to make it pretty clear which child I am refering to though.