Menu

What horrible fate will befall me if I

Are you responsible for the re-hooking? If not, don't.

My dh has a system. He doesn't care if I unhook and rehook, but unhooking and expecting him to know how I did it...nope, he doesn't like that.

You're sweet for wanting to help.

Jo

ITTTA. I've been the unhooker and rehooker before, and there's no way I could have rehooked if I hadn't been the one to unhook in the first place. (What an odd sentence!)

Are you responsible for the re-hooking? If not, don't.

My dh has a system. He doesn't care if I unhook and rehook, but unhooking and expecting him to know how I did it...nope, he doesn't like that.

You're sweet for wanting to help.

Jo

Nah, I'm not sweet. I'm pushy. I want the bookshelves switched out, & he doesn't want to do it. He's said he's willing, but he's pretty stressed out at the amt of turmoil that all my projects have created.

I'm trying to decide if having the switch made visually will help. (We've already moved one, so we're locked into the move--it wouldn't be manipulative.)

ITTTA. I've been the unhooker and rehooker before, and there's no way I could have rehooked if I hadn't been the one to unhook in the first place. (What an odd sentence!)

You know, we've had Pagans, Wiccans, LDS, Catholics, Baptists, Jews, Muslims, Episcopalians, Orthodox folks of various stripes, Hellenists (I hope I spelled that right), atheists, agnostics, soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, Methodists, pastors, deacons, doctors, lawyers, vets, accountants, and stay-at-home moms and dads on this board.

But I have to say that this is the first time that I even had a hint that we had hookers of any sort on the board.

[Ducking. Running far, far away]

You know, we've had Pagans, Wiccans, LDS, Catholics, Baptists, Jews, Muslims, Episcopalians, Orthodox folks of various stripes, Hellenists (I hope I spelled that right), atheists, agnostics, soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, Methodists, pastors, deacons, doctors, lawyers, vets, accountants, and stay-at-home moms and dads on this board.

But I have to say that this is the first time that I even had a hint that we had hookers of any sort on the board.

:lol:

:ohmy::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

There's no smilie in the list sufficient to describe how much that made me laugh!

:lol:

You are a hoot, my dear!:rofl:

I can emphathize with wanting to get started. You're the one who has had to stare at it all day, every day!

If you unhook, I recommend that you take each piece you unhook and put a loop of tape with a long tail around the wire. Then, write on the "tail" where you unhooked it from. Hopefully the different ports will be labeled. Otherwise describe each place the best you can. And I think you should be willing to hook it up again if DH balks when he gets home.

You, unhooker, you!

go ahead & unhook the stereo now, before dh gets home?

He'll be grateful that I'm helping. Right??

Well let's reverse this a bit...would you want your dh to do the same to you if he was waiting on you for something and you were stressed out and overwhelmed? Would you be "grateful" for it? I know I wouldn't want to be treated that way.

I don't push my dh into anything because my relationship with him is much more important than any thing that might need to get done. If I can do it on my own I usually will, but if I cannot I have learned (after almost 16 wonderful years of marriage) that things will happen when they happen and stressing about them won't change anything. I have also learned that I have the very real power of ruining an evening or weekend by my own behavior.

I am being very honest and I hope I don't offend. :)

:rofl: You slay me!

Is this what time off from school does to you?

I can emphathize with wanting to get started. You're the one who has had to stare at it all day, every day!

If you unhook, I recommend that you take each piece you unhook and put a loop of tape with a long tail around the wire. Then, write on the "tail" where you unhooked it from. Hopefully the different ports will be labeled. Otherwise describe each place the best you can. And I think you should be willing to hook it up again if DH balks when he gets home.

You, unhooker, you!

Well, they were all color-coded. So that part seemed easy enough. The cord wasn't quite long enough, so I plugged it in somewhere else. I electrocuted myself, but everything is moved & rewired.

Now it won't turn on. :eek:

HOUSTON, WE HAVE POWER!!!! :D:D:D

Dh & I were just talking about how I can't do stuff like this last night. Combined w/ the fact that this was the part of the project he dreaded most, I think I win. I think he'll think it's s#xy. :001_wub:

And since he hates the radio, it will be a while before he finds out that part doesn't work. :001_huh::blink:

Well, they were all color-coded. So that part seemed easy enough. The cord wasn't quite long enough, so I plugged it in somewhere else. I electrocuted myself, but everything is moved & rewired.

This is exactly what would happen if I attempted to unhook and rehook myself. Dh would come home, sigh, and ask me to please try to be more patient next time and wait for him. :lol:

Now, if you lived near me, I would come over and stare at the wires with you and maybe move some things around to see if I could get electrocuted, too.:D

:lol: OMG! You have really cracked me up. I'm sorry it won't work, but thanks for the laugh!

:rofl::w00t::smilielol5:

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!

:lol: Aubrey, you are so funny! I tried to rep you but it told me to spread it around first.:D