Menu

4 weeks and 1 day. That's how long I've been able to stick to my diet.

I've lost 16 pounds. I've been doing low carb and I was loving it! Why I sabotaged it today is a question I can't answer. :confused:

I had a wonderful breakfast of full fat greek yogurt with blueberries and strawberries and cinnamon.

I had coffee with equal and cream.

Here's where I went wrong: For lunch, I ate an enormous bowl (or two) of N.E. Clam chowder with extra potato :sneaky2:

... then a handful of chocolate chips

... then another handful of chocolate chips and 1/2 banana. Because, of course, I love chocolate and banana together. :banghead:

Now I'm sitting here bloated, tired, and sick of myself.

Oh... :grouphug:

Just move on from this, dear. Drink a bunch of water or have some peppermint tea to help your tummy.

I am on my 4th WW Journey, just re-joined last week. Weight-loss is so hard for some people, especially if they are emotional eaters.

I will commend you on the wonderful breakfast you ate. Just have a good, REAL dinner!

Oh... :grouphug:

Just move on from this, dear. Drink a bunch of water or have some peppermint tea to help your tummy.

I am on my 4th WW Journey, just re-joined last week. Weight-loss is so hard for some people, especially if they are emotional eaters.

I will commend you on the wonderful breakfast you ate. Just have a good, REAL dinner!

I'm a mess and I need some encouraging words right now, so thank you. :)

Don't kill yourself. It's only one day.

Just as an FYI, some diet gurus suggest a "cheat day" one set day a week you are allowed to eat other foods you wouldn't otherwise eat. (4-hour Body does this... I know my cousins do this as well. They don't use it as an excuse to "gorge" on junk, but it takes away that deprived feeling diets can cause. My husband and I incorporate "cheat days" (although, we call them TREAT days) every Saturday into our family plan. We have fine-tuned it (for him, as I haven't gotten to that phase of my diet yet) to feel satisfied, without over-doing it. And, if we know we have something on the schedule we will alter our "treat day" for the party or event that week.

As others have said, pick yourself back up, drink an extra glass of water, and tomorrow is another day. It's not one day that breaks a diet... it's multiple, consecutive days.

you're ok! falling off the wagon is never a small, one or two bite thing (in my experience). if you've been low-carb for a month your body will transistion back to fat burning quickly. lots of low carb people have carb-ups every couple of weeks anyway, particularly those who exercise. you'll retain a little extra water for a day or two, but you'll be fine.

don't look at it as a failure, look at it as replenishing glycogen! :D

It's okay. Start over and keep going. Great job!

Thank you, I'm glad I posted instead of eating more so that I would feel better (whoa, it's a vicious cycle isn't it? :eek:)

As others have said, pick yourself back up, drink an extra glass of water, and tomorrow is another day. It's not one day that breaks a diet... it's multiple, consecutive days.

ooh, a cheat day... interesting! Thanks :)

don't look at it as a failure, look at it as replenishing glycogen! :D

:lol: I love this!

Sticking to it for 4 weeks is WONDERFUL! I agree that sometimes it helps to have a break; if what you ate today will get it out of your system and help you stay on track another 4 weeks--AWESOME!

Thank you. Good point. I did 4 weeks, I CAN do another 4 weeks. I can. :) Thanks for the reminder.

OK - it's ONE meal. ONE hiccup. And really, if you count it all out in calories, it's not that bad. Really.

I'm doing WW and if you stay in your points during the week you get a bunch extra "weekly" points - which would MORE than cover your hiccup. MORE than cover it (I would guess you'd only use half of your flex points for the splurge you had. HALF!!).

Dust yourself off, get rid of the trigger foods (or at least make them really hard to get in to) and go drink a glass of water. Later, take a long walk.

And forgive yourself.

But don't give up. You can do it!!

I've lost 16 pounds. I've been doing low carb and I was loving it! Why I sabotaged it today is a question I can't answer. :confused:

Be happy that you've lost weight! I started low-carb a few days before you and I've lost (wait for it) six pounds in the first week and *nothing* since then. I actually gained a little in week three. You know what kick started my weightloss again? I cheated for one meal because I was home alone and out of groceries. Within a day or two of that cheat, the weight started coming off again.