Menu

What's so cool about ipads?

Everything!:D:lol:

They really are great--ultraportable, great sound, read books on multiple platforms, touch screen is AWESOME, etc, etc, etc. For me, they have replaced the laptop for all but longer typing jobs and anything that requires me to use a cd. Otherwise, it's iPad all the way! (yes, I sound like a commercial, no I am not getting paid.:tongue_smilie:)

My boys have been using ours for Netflix National Geographic marathons the last two days. We are building a small library through Kindle and iBooks (I love the way the books "read" on iBooks, but can't stand the interface of the iBook store and wish they'd change it). Dh uses iScore on one of ours for our oldest's baseball games - it is an amazing score keeping program that allows you to print scorebook pages for each game, among other awesome things. I have quite a few educational apps loaded on ours too - reading/phonics, math, geography. Oh, and Garage Band ... so cool!

Mine does take place of a laptop. The best thing about it s it doesnt overheat! :D it also doesn't take up as much space. With all the apps out there, it does just as much as a laptop and you can even print from them now! We ave 3 in my house. We have 2 of the 1st generation (one for my husband for his business and the other for my children to share for learning, playing games, or reading. They even use it to study for their spelling tests each week as well as study their math facts.) The iPad 2 is mine and the best thing about it is I can read the WTM forums! :lol:

My dh found out that it can overheat. As i said above, he uses it for score keeping and it overheated on opening day and shut down for about 20-30 minutes while it cooled down. He was scrambling to find paper to use until the iPad came back to life. In the iPad's defense, we were in direct sunlight at mid-day and it was in the black case. But it is possible to overheat an iPad. We've decided on warm, sunny and/or direct sunlight game days that we'll keep an ice pack in the bag just in case. But in spite of that incident, we love our iPads. :)

This is where I am stuck. I LOVE my ipod touch. Do I need an ipad? Convince me please! I want to buy one but my other personality is telling me it is a waste of money. :D

If you read books or use text-heavy apps on your ipod touch, I would say the ipad would be worth it. I don't actually own an ipad, but I want to - and my parents own one, so I've been able to see it in action. :D