Menu

Schatzes plead guilty

The Schatzes have pled guilty. If you recall the case, they were followers of the Pearls' teachings and beat one of their children to death, while another suffered renal failure. The trial was postponed a couple of times but was set to start Monday, and they pled guilty yesterday. The article says a little about that.

I think a guilty plea was the best thing they could do, but IMO they should have done it last year. I hope their kids will be OK.

The Schatzes have pled guilty. If you recall the case, they were followers of the Pearls' teachings and beat one of their children to death, while another suffered renal failure. The trial was postponed a couple of times but was set to start Monday, and they pled guilty yesterday. The article says a little about that.

I think a guilty plea was the best thing they could do, but IMO they should have done it last year. I hope their kids will be OK.

Pleading guilty is the LEAST they could do. :glare:

They're in foster care. Last year I heard that they were close together, but I'm not sure now. I've been wanting to ask about it--a woman at my church is, I'm pretty sure, their case worker--but I'm not sure I'm allowed to and I chicken out every time. Am I allowed to ask about their welfare in a general way, do you think? Obviously I wouldn't ask where they are.

They're in foster care. Last year I heard that they were close together, but I'm not sure now. I've been wanting to ask about it--a woman at my church is, I'm pretty sure, their case worker--but I'm not sure I'm allowed to and I chicken out every time. Am I allowed to ask about their welfare in a general way, do you think? Obviously I wouldn't ask where they are.

You can ask. Whether she can answer is another matter. You could broach it with "I worry about them and hope they are doing well".

I wish a few more distributors would get on their high horse and stop carrying the Pearl Books. I noticed several in the latest CBD catalog, and I put a big magic marker "X" through any that I saw.

It made me feel better.

TOS stopped advertising the Pearls sometime...last year, I think.

REALLY! I'm so happy to hear this. I've been boycotting TOS for no reason for a while then. So glad to hear they're now out of company with NGJ.

They sent out an email...it was *very* subtle...didn't expressly say *anything* about the Pearls, but somehow...I could tell. After checking to see if I was imagining the change, I checked a friend's back issues. Apparently, it was a very quiet ending. Which makes sense.

The magazine's not perfect, but it's my favorite, & I was just starting to think about writing for them, with very conflicted feelings, so yeah, I was glad on several levels. Since starting to write for them, I've been so impressed with the kindness & intelligence of people I've spoken with. I was afraid I'd be too...something...for such a conservative magazine, but *now* I think maybe...they've just tended to attract uber-conservative writers. They've been surprisingly open to my ideas. :001_huh: :D

Of course, I'm always surprised when someone's open to my ideas. I'm surprised when they don't run screaming from the room. ;):lol: