Menu

Seriously??

Do people honestly fall for this?

Attention Dear Beneficiary,

VIA MONEYGRAM

There is an issue with the AccessBank MoneyGram Money transfer in full Compensation payment of $2.8Million united state dollars directed in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308 at the owner of this email address. it was scheduled earlier to pay you $7,000usd on daily basis starting from tomorrow and it will be released into your account as soon as you respond to this letter.

It became imperative to contact you on the subject matter because after the fund has been brought to our office to remit somebody from your country by name Charles Porter contacted us and said you are on sick bed and ordered him to contact us to remit the USD$2.8Million using his information to pick up your fund presently under our custody for transfer on your behalf.

The Official responsible for the presentation of your money valued USD$2.8Million Winning quickly granted approvals to their application now waiting for final endorsement from Board of Trustees.

When our AccessBank Debit Note was submitted to my desk for final Approvals before forwarding it to Board for endorsement, I noticed that there are discrepancies as there was no evidence of authorisation letter from you for Charles Porter to receive the fund on your behalf.I urgently summoned The Official responsible for the presentation of the winning and directed him to stop the movement of the funds and at the same time placed a stop order instruction on the funds pending when your views and comments are received with regards to this matter.

I hereby urged you to call or email me urgently for your comments which will be highly appreciated if you are still alife or not on sick bed with sum of require activation fee $98, to commence the transfer of your first payment $7,000.00usd accordingly, because we will not hesitate to continue the payment transfer activation with the name of the gentleman on claim if no response come from you. Contact me on this number (+2299-8693-679) or e-mail me back using this address accessbankplcm@europe.com as your silence will be a clear indication that you authorised him to effect the above changes.

Also fill the information below to help us facilitate your transfer via MoneyGram

1) Your Full Name:.............

2) Country and Mobile:. .

3) Home/ Office Address:....

4) Profession and Age:.......

YOUR URGENT RESPOND IS HIGHLY NEEDED.

REGARDS,

REV.DR. ERIC MAXWELL

DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS,

AccessBank PLC MoneyGram Dept.(accessbankplcm@europe.com)

Does anyone on the planet read this and think, "Oh my goodness! I must contact this man immediately to authorize these funds! Quick, someone get me the phone posthaste!"

I mean, really. :001_rolleyes:

Isn't it crazy? Yet, a friend of mine has a sister who has fallen for exactly this type of thing. She's sold off nearly everything she owns, including her house, to give money to a stranger who keeps promising she'll get a great return on her 'investment.'

My friend has talked to the police, and they say there is nothing that they can do. Someone did suggest my friend have her sister's mental capacity evaluated, but... so far, she's been unable or unwilling to go that route.

It's really unbelievable that there are people who fall for these things.

Considering I gave a second thought to an email from an elderly guy from England wanting to rent our small studio apartment here in small town America -- sight unseen (and he was going to send me $1000 to outfit it to his tastes) -- I'd say, yes, people can fall for this kind of thing. :tongue_smilie: