Menu

Stranded in Cincinnati with a broken car!!!!!! Waaaahhhh . . .

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dd and I are stranded in Cincinnati with a broken car!

We have had a truly lovely convention. It was well worth the 6-hour drive. I have received lots of lovely specific information relevant to homeschooling high school, as well as learned quite a bit about writing curricula from SWB. Thank you, Susan!!

And speaking of SWB, her new workshop, "Homeschooling the Real Child," is wonderful. Truly. I laughed, I nodded in agreement, I took notes. Thanks, Susan.

That said, my car is defunct. At first I thought it was a simple matter of figuring out how to jump the car. Dh tried to coach me through but I just could not hook it up properly. Many thanks to the Random Really Nice Guy In The Parking Garage who hooked it up. And many thanks to the Other Really Nice Guy in the parking garage who spent some time inspecting the engine and trying to figure out why the freshly-jumped car wouldn't GO.

Dd and I RACED to the hotel, where the Really Nice Concierge worked hard at finding me a mechanic, to no avail. No one is willing to help a stranded motorist on the weekend, it appears. The tow truck guy was also super-nice, though he was unable to do anything more than tow the car. The hotel manager was wonderful as well--he very sympathetically gave us a good rate on the rooms AND sent up a complimentary bag of snacks for dd and I. So now dd and I are holed up in a hotel, surrounded by a lot of really nice people who cannot help us with the car, but seem devoted to making our stay here more comfortable. Whew!

We just pray the dealership that currently is in possession of the car will look at it in a timely manner on Monday, fix it, quickly, and let us go home.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Oh my word! What a bummer! I am so sorry, but thank goodness there were folks around to help! I hope you can relax and enjoy your *extra* time...and just don't think about the $$. (I know, yeah right.)

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Very thankful there were so many kind people who were able to help you out. We are planning on leaving Cincinnati in a few hours. If you need anything, let me know. I'm no mechanic, so the thing you need most I'm unable to help with. :)

Hoping all is ok with the car and that you all are able to get home safely.