Menu

What is something nice I can do for my mom?

She is so sweet! The doctor told her to stop driving, so she gave me her car. She knows I have been stir crazy being down a car the last few months, and wanted me to have it. We've made plans to go food shopping together once a week, and I will be driving her to her meetings and church, but I want to do something nice for her. She won't accept any money for it at all. It's a 2002 with only 45000 miles, and in great condition! I haven't had a car with this low mileage in years! I'm just floored... Please help me think of other ways to thank her.

Does she have a place for a flower garden? You could buy annuals and plant them for her.

Does she like manicures/pedicures. You can to her to get them periodically.

Maybe make time to write down or record her memories of childhood and life.

Find out what she worries about and figure out a way to solve the problems for her.

I would make her meals and freeze them in individual portions so all she has to do is "heat and serve" when she gets hungry.

Be mindful and have a cheerful heart if she needs an unexpected ride somewhere and you have a million things to do and not enough time to do them in. If she's the type that always kept her car neat and clean I would also scrape out the stale french fries from under the seat before you pick her up.:D

What a wonderful blessing. I hope you enjoy your new ride!!

She is so sweet! The doctor told her to stop driving, so she gave me her car. She knows I have been stir crazy being down a car the last few months, and wanted me to have it. We've made plans to go food shopping together once a week, and I will be driving her to her meetings and church, but I want to do something nice for her. She won't accept any money for it at all. It's a 2002 with only 45000 miles, and in great condition! I haven't had a car with this low mileage in years! I'm just floored... Please help me think of other ways to thank her.

:grouphug:

What a sweet daughter you are!

I agree with taking her on her errands/shopping with a cheerful attitude. She's going to have to adjust to losing her freedom and that is difficult.

Another thing is to spend time with her when it is not just driving her places. Just being with her with nothing to do or nowhere to go. You probably do that anyway.

I like all the above suggestions!

My mom loves the symphony subscription we recently gave her, and I go with her while SO stays with the children.

Would your mom enjoy a Kindle? That's what we plan to give my mom next.

How about a Pandora charm bracelet or one of those Vera Bradley bags?

Maybe a photobook from Shutterfly would be nice, too.