Menu

Need prayers please. House fire related

We sold our house last December to our church. They used it to house to new assistant. Today, the house started on fire. This family just had a baby 2 weeks ago. The mom was in the basement when it started and came upstairs to the fire 3 feet from her sleeping baby. He was taken to the hospital and he is fine.

I went over to the house and I'm amazed they were able to get out. It had been fully engulfed in flames. The mom feels incredibly guilty. They are staying here tonight until they can figure out what to do.

Please pray for them as they sort through this mess. And, if you could, please pray for our family as we host them for a while.

We sold our house last December to our church. They used it to house to new assistant. Today, the house started on fire. This family just had a baby 2 weeks ago. The mom was in the basement when it started and came upstairs to the fire 3 feet from her sleeping baby. He was taken to the hospital and he is fine.

I went over to the house and I'm amazed they were able to get out. It had been fully engulfed in flames. The mom feels incredibly guilty. They are staying here tonight until they can figure out what to do.

Please pray for them as they sort through this mess. And, if you could, please pray for our family as we host them for a while.

Thanks the Lord they are ok! Prayers being said.

Thank you all. They didn't have renters insurance. They had just moved in a couple months ago and it was on her list of things to do, but she just had a baby and hadn't got to it yet.

I'm having such a hard time with this. I'm SOOOO grateful that everyone was okay. That was my first thought. But, seeing the house was so hard for me. We loved living in that house (for 7 years!). We put so much work into it and now it's just gone. I KNOW it's just stuff and it shouldn't matter, but it does. Does that make me a terrible person??

Thank you all. They didn't have renters insurance. They had just moved in a couple months ago and it was on her list of things to do, but she just had a baby and hadn't got to it yet.

I'm having such a hard time with this. I'm SOOOO grateful that everyone was okay. That was my first thought. But, seeing the house was so hard for me. We loved living in that house (for 7 years!). We put so much work into it and now it's just gone. I KNOW it's just stuff and it shouldn't matter, but it does. Does that make me a terrible person??

(((Jennifer))) You are not a terrible person! Just the opposite! I would be upset beyond just worrying about the occupants too. You made memories in that place. But take comfort that you will still have those memories and that you are being very kind and generous to this family. Prayers here.

It's not the stuff, but the fact that your touch was put there. Your heart went into that place. That's got to be hard. Don't feel bad for being upset about that. I am sorry for the loss of the home and so thankful that the family and especially that baby is okay.