Menu

Has anyone actually called and dealt with RR??

Their system could definitely use an overhaul that's for sure. Yes, I've dealt with them over the phone, in fact I only place orders over the phone so I know what is out of stock. Before I started ordering that way they had always been pleasant and refunded my money when an item was back ordered and had no delivery date. No big deal.

The estimated back order date isn't available till June, so calling in a week won't change anything... thank you both though.

If that is the case, it is probably because the company producing it isn't giving them better info.

RR is a great vendor of materials. But they aren't in control of producing any of it. If a publisher or a manipulatives company changes their production or does an edition revision, there is little that a downline vendor can do to hurry things along.

I hope you get your items quickly.

I visited the Rainbow Resource booth at the SE Convention & never could get any help. It was not a good experience. I chalked it up to the booth being very busy & thought I'd just place an order when I got home. After reading this thread, I think I'll take my business elsewhere.

I'm always confused when I read these threads about RR. I order from them often and always receive an order confirmation email. I also have always received another email within 24-48 hours if I had a backordered item and they've always sent an email with shipping/tracking information. I've never paid for expedited shipping but I've never had an order take more than 2 weeks. I've only had to call them a few times and they've always been helpful and nice.

I never had a problem with them. I only ordered twice though. I found that what I need generally cheaper or as cheap at Amazon and/or Home Science Tools. So I just bypass RR altogether now.

They could be a giant among internet retailers if they take a few lessons from Amazon.

Edited by Parrothead

Perhaps. But if you count up how many successful orders vs. unsuccessful the unhappy outcomes would be far less than 1 in 3. I myself have ordered from them at least 12 times.

I do agree with this. I have ordered from them at least 12 times, several of those being HUGE orders and I only had a problem that once.

I only posted that because I have had a similar experience. Way back when, there was this new online company called Amazon and I placed an order with them. They screwed it up royally and I had the darndest time getting a human being to care about my issue. Three months later the issue was finally solved (and not at all to my satisfaction). So I refused to order from them again for over 2 years!! Needless to say, we all know that Amazon does a fine job. I order from them monthly now, with nary an issue since that first fateful order. I merely wanted to point out that sometimes it is OK to give a company the benefit of the doubt and try again.

That is so funny! I loved ordering from Amazon when they were still fairly new. I lived in Germany at the time. I often had neat little goodies in my packages like amazon post-it pads, even an amazon commuter mug! I found as they grew, it became more impersonal. The only problems I have ever had with them have been within the last couple of years.

I do agree with this. I have ordered from them at least 12 times, several of those being HUGE orders and I only had a problem that once.

That is so funny! I loved ordering from Amazon when they were still fairly new. I lived in Germany at the time. I often had neat little goodies in my packages like amazon post-it pads, even an amazon commuter mug! I found as they grew, it became more impersonal. The only problems I have ever had with them have been within the last couple of years.

I've had a few problems with Amazon recently--my books have been coming in damaged due to poor packaging. I order a LOT from them, and this is a recent issue. They handle it well, but I get tired of complaining.

Several years ago, I got very poor and rude service at a convention. I called the office to complain because I was not offered free shipping on out of stock items like everyone else did. (The rude girl was too busy talking to her friend about how her jeans fit.)

They took my order and my card number. After 10 days, I still did not have my order. I called and a snotty girl told me that they were waiting for my money order. :glare: I canceled my order.

At another convention, I got good deals and good service. It is hit and miss. If you are not happy with customer service, ask to speak to someone else. Some of the younger people are just plain rude.

:

I'm sure their system works for them, but I avoid ordering from them unless necessary. I don't have the patience to deal with no tracking, not knowing in-stock items when I order, and slower shipping. Why should *I* have to follow up with a phone call to see if something is backordered?

I can order most of my items from amazon, if not I order from the publisher. We also spread out our ordering so I rarely have 150.00 to spend at any one time, so the free shipping is not always useful to me.

:iagree: Exactly how I feel about it.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Amazon's third party books.

I try not to order anything through their third party system.

I'd say 60% of items I purchase directly from Amazon (not third party) arrive VERY poorly packed, the box is damaged if not open, and the contents have bend corners from being shuffled in transport.

I wonder if part of this is a problem with the regional warehouse? Because everything I receive is packed like it was an egg going to the moon.

Have you ever tried to look up their 800 number to talk to a live person? It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I love this site. http://www.hardtofind800numbers.com/listings/a.htm

They also play games with pricing. If you monitor a few items over a period of time, you'll see that.

Amazon taxes purchases from some states.

Yep. :)

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Amazon's third party books.

It really depends on the individual seller - lately most of the things I've ordered from third party sellers have been very good, but I do go over their feedback to see what, if any, low reviews they have and why.

I'd say 60% of items I purchase directly from Amazon (not third party) arrive VERY poorly packed, the box is damaged if not open, and the contents have bend corners from being shuffled in transport.

Have you ever tried to look up their 800 number to talk to a live person? It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I've noticed a big difference in packaging from the different Amazon warehouses. Some things are very securely packed and others are awful. I've been leaving packaging feedback, especially for the poorly packed orders. I've always had great customer service, though, if the poor packaging resulted in damage.

The best way to find their number is to go to the link "Help" and then on the left hand side there's an orange button that says "Contact Us." It will take you step by step through how to get ahold of them about an order - and gives the options for email, phone or chat.