Menu

Put my mind at ease! (Pregnancy and TMI)

I'm about 2 months pregnant and noticed very faint, brown spotting. I've had no cramping at all and I did have tea this afternoon.

I don't have an OB or midwife yet. I'm laying down now, seem to have stopped spotting and what I noticed was incredibly faint. I had no spotting ever with my first.

Please tell me this could be normal.

I'm about 2 months pregnant and noticed very faint, brown spotting. I've had no cramping at all and I did have tea this afternoon.

I don't have an OB or midwife yet. I'm laying down now, seem to have stopped spotting and what I noticed was incredibly faint. I had no spotting ever with my first.

Please tell me this could be normal.

I had spotting to bleeding right at 2 months with both my kids. Coincidentally it's the time I would have gotten my 2nd period?! Anyway - went on to have 2 very healthy, busy kids. Take it easy and don't drive yourself too crazy.

I had the same thing happen with dd--it's so scary :grouphug:. My doc did an extra u/s just to relieve my fears, but all was well. Resting and taking it easy sound like good advice.

There was a study a few years ago http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/9/1944.full that found that a little spotting around 8 weeks is actually fairly common among women with successful pregnancies (about 10% of women in the study). But of course talk to your doctor if you are concerned.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm just seeing this! I was happy to read your update. I'll pray for your little one and for peace of mind for you. I had spotting throughout my first trimester with my now-5 yo. Mine was red though - which everyone says is a bad sign.

You could always go in for a quick u/s to ease your mind! I'm not a fan of routine u/s, but it was SO reassuring for me to see that heartbeat through all of the bleeding. (My midwife was wonderful and before they could get a heartbeat on doppler, she'd do a very quick u/s so I could hear it. I love her!!!)