Menu

If I had one of these, I'd wear it every day.

Haha. You're right, knotting bronze might prove a bit of a challenge. I thought they were made of leather, or hemp. :)

Not as hard as you might think. You haven't heard of Viking wire knitting? It's more like naalbinding than knitting though. I haven't tried it, but have seen it done.

Rosie

Not as hard as you might think. You haven't heard of Viking wire knitting? It's more like naalbinding than knitting though. I haven't tried it, but have seen it done.

Rosie

I crochet with wire!!!! It's quite easy ;).

I liked the ponch :D.

Eek. People are being verbal at me.

..................:auto:

I'm just a stay at home mum who talks too much and has more interests than skills. Nothing spectacular about that really.

You have all freaked me out so much I'm going to go wash dishes.

But first, Simka, why haven't we seen pics on the crafters thread?

Rosie

I've seen some examples of Roman wire knitting in the museums here. It looked doable. Maybe some brass thread?

a

I've seen some examples of Roman wire knitting in the museums here. It looked doable. Maybe some brass thread?

a

Brass is harder, isn't it? I've only seen it done with bronze and gold. Maybe silver? Have I seen silver or am I making that up? I can't remember. :) Anyway, I would need bronze for my SCA bling. Maybe one day I'll commission something like this from one of our resident jewelers. Jenny? What do you think? :D

Rosie

Brass is harder, isn't it? I've only seen it done with bronze and gold. Maybe silver? Have I seen silver or am I making that up? I can't remember. :) Anyway, I would need bronze for my SCA bling. Maybe one day I'll commission something like this from one of our resident jewelers. Jenny? What do you think? :D

Rosie

mmm... I think you're right. I probably saw a thin copper alloy. Here is a modern example.

a

Eek. People are being verbal at me.

..................:auto:

I'm just a stay at home mum who talks too much and has more interests than skills. Nothing spectacular about that really.

You have all freaked me out so much I'm going to go wash dishes.

But first, Simka, why haven't we seen pics on the crafters thread?

You just have us all waiting to see how this works out for you so we can try it too!! For me, that will be after I accomplish all the other thread-instigated projects I am willing to undertake like:

• cleaning out my books

• making my own soap

• getting rid of clutter

• cleaning out my school room

:tongue_smilie: I'm tired now so I'm going for the Keurig!!