Menu

Teachers Lounge! 2-28-2011

It's almost MARCH!

What's for lunch? Us: microwave meals. Maybe a Pepsi run for me so I can manage. :001_smile:

Anyone doing any spring planning right now? Me: I decided to NOT try a garden this spring. I tend to have a brown/black thumb and thus am focusing on getting the house that I want with a backyard that God Himself created: all the natural flora and fauna that's found in the desert here. :)

Anyone know what's for dinner tonight? Us: I'm thinking spaghetti.

Talk to me! :bigear:

Yes, the temps in the southwest are much cooler than normal. I'm enjoying it while I can. Too soon, the temps here in central AZ will be blazing hot! :^)

I wound up getting Mt. Dew instead of Pepsi, the Pepsi spout was broken. :^( And I bought Cheetos and Fritos. Terrible impulse buy, I know. Oh, well.

Who else is eating lunch today? I might just change the name to Teachers' Bistro! :^)

Lunch- probably leftover pancit (Filipino noodles with lots of veggies and meat)

Spring plans - yesterday we discussed moving! I'm trying not to panic thinking of all that needs to be done so that I can even think about the possibility.

Dinner - who knows? more leftover pancit? Or will my family rise up in rebellion? Just how many meals of the same thing will people tolerate in this day and age in a rich country like ours?

Ben had: 1/2 peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat, half banana, strawberries, and carrots.

Nathan had: 1/2 peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat, half banana, cheese stick, and carrots.

I am currently eating: scrambled egg whites, carrots, strawberries and plain, nonfat yogurt.

I walked twice today on my treadmill for 45 minutes each time, and I'm starving. Dinner is only about 2.5 hours away. We are going to a Baroque concert tonight, so it will probably be simple. Or perhaps I'll make a veggie potato-crust quiche with a salad and toast.

Lunch today: breakfast for lunch. Ham and cheese omelet and tea for me; ww bagels, yogurt, and oj for the kiddos.

Spring plans: I am getting stuff organized for co-op orientation this Wednesday and the 4 (yikes!) classes I'll be teaching this spring.

Dinner: Probably pasta with sauce and meatballs from the freezer. I tutor one student until 5:30 and have another one at 7, so dinner and cleanup have to fit into that window tonight.

Lunch today was Chik-fil-A nuggets with fruit and lemonade because this crazy mother attempted to take her son to his homeschool taekwondo class an hour early! I have no idea where my brain is lately! Since we were far enough from home to not warrant a trip back there for lunch, the boys had a treat today.

We went to our science co-op after taekwondo; it was chaotic as usual. I'm eagerly awaiting the next 3 classes and then it will be over! :D

As for dinner, I think we'll be having spaghetti and meatballs with green beans. We're expecting strong storms around 7, so I'll start dinner early tonight in case we lose power.

Lunch was Spaghetti-O's with meatballs!

Supper will be leftover chicken and veggie stir fry.

Spring planning? I was hoping to plant lettuces, spinach, and peas today, but the heavy rain and tornado watch changed my mind for me. :) Instead, I am satisfying my need to declutter inside and reevaluating our long-term filing situation.

What's for lunch? DS had leftover tuna impossible pie and yogurt. I had a frozen organic burrito.

Anyone doing any spring planning right now? I'm thinking about having DS join a HS gym class. Rumor has it it's quite good. I probably won't have a garden this year, either, unless I can work out a way to keep the chickens out of it. Grrrr...

Anyone know what's for dinner tonight? Italian sausage and white beans with sage... and salad.

What's for lunch? A weird assortment of leftovers.

Anyone doing any spring planning right now? :) Well, I started planning all these lovely gardens and now, well, all our money is going to prepare for the 25 chicks ds has ordered thru 4H. Ihope I can find someone to process them eventually. After spending all my money on a coop and a run, they had better taste good after they stop laying eggs

Anyone know what's for dinner tonight? Payday is tomorrow. I think I have $1 so we are having hot dogs on hamburger buns. Yeah, that's all the bread I have and I don't want to bake anything else. To complement this culinary delight I will serve pork and beans and corn on the side.

And it gets better - I also discovered I am out of ketchup and mustard so I had to call dh and ask him to raid the packets that are left in the breakroom where he works :D