Menu

Would you eat this bacon?

It's been open for 8 days as of today. It looks fine (still pink), smells fine (like bacon), and is the conventional kind (with the preservatives).

The USDA site says 7 days after opening, so we're a day over, and it's been in and out of the fridge a few times.

WWYD? Would you use it to flavor your mushroom sauce or not?

TIA!

Thanks everyone! I'm relieved, because it was darn pricey (was a last-minute V-day purchase, so full-price) and I would hate to waste it! It will add a lot to my meal too *yum*. I really just ought to remove all the drawers from my fridge. It's "out of sight, out of mind" in there :glare:

I appreciate the input!

I was actually wondering how opened bacon lasted 8 whole days? :001_huh: In our house it would have been gone by the 2nd day. :lol:

It's that stupid drawer! Things get put in the middle drawer of our fridge and go unseen for months, only to try to claw their way out when they finally evolve enough times. The best thing refrigerator manufacturers ever did was make see-through drawers. This thing is from the 70s. There may still be food from the previous owners of the house in there somewhere--I'm not sure :glare:

It's that stupid drawer! Things get put in the middle drawer of our fridge and go unseen for months, only to try to claw their way out when they finally evolve enough times. The best thing refrigerator manufacturers ever did was make see-through drawers. This thing is from the 70s. There may still be food from the previous owners of the house in there somewhere--I'm not sure :glare:

Understandable ..... stupid non-see-through drawers! ;)